4. Fly

It didn't take long for Cerat to begin growling and jerking his head, trying to get the blood to flow faster. Warden winced as the wound on his neck opened a little wider. He forced himself to remain still for nearly a full minute before he let out a pained groan and Drake suddenly yanked Cerat off of him. The guy quickly tried to fight to get himself free, but there was no getting out of a lycan's grasp unless you were damn strong. And Cerat was far from it considering he was practically dying.

"Calm down," Warden said as he got to his feet and stepped back, out of reach of the claws that were struggling to reach him. He hurried to lick his hand, then rub his neck, healing the wound.

"He thinks he can fight me off. Cute." Drake said with a cocky smirk as he easily kept Cerat right where he was. It didn't even look like Drake was putting much effort into it, either. 

It was no wonder that Cerat calmed down after about five minutes, clearly understanding that he wasn't going to get anywhere. Sure he still looked like he wanted to attack, but he also probably realized that he was wasting precious energy.

"You done throwing your temper tantrum, Broccoli?" Drake asked as he leaned over slightly to try and meet Cerat's faded eyes. The guy snarled and snapped his teeth near Drake's nose, but missed actually biting him by a mile.

"Who put Brussel sprouts in your spinach, man." Drake mumbled, rolling his eyes as Warden shook his head at the vegetable puns.

"You wouldn't be making fun of him if he ate only cats." Warden noted, making Drake's face pale.

"I love cats! They are too delicious to let anyone else eat."

Warden just rubbed his fingers against his forehead and sighed.

"So, what the hell are we gonna do with this guy, War? There's no way we can't report him, and I don't know what the higher-ups are gonna say about us keeping a vampire."

Keeping?

"We aren't keeping it, Drake." Warden said, his tone matter-o-fact and stern. His friend, however, didn't seem to think he was being serious judging from the scowl he was now receiving.

"What?" Warden asked awkwardly.

"Seriously dude? You just fed him when he said that he can't handle himself when he feeds on blood. He also said that he'll throw up, which will likely happen soon. I'm not cleaning that up by the way. But yeah, you want me to just let him go and tell him to just scurry off into the forest and go hunt some bunnies or something?"

Before Warden could even respond, Drake was growling out more words.

"News flash. Either he dies, or you just got yourself a pet vegan vampire."

Vegetarian. Warden thought, but bit back the urge to correct him. Don't need to piss off the lycan any further. Instead, he shrugged off his jacket and walked back to his car, tossing it in the back before removing his shirt and doing the same. He also left his keys. When he returned, Drake was staring at him funny.

"I'll take him to headquarters and see what I can do for him, I need you to get my car home eventually." Warden said before he jerked his arm forward and landed a solid blow to Cerat's stomach. Normally that wouldn't have knocked a vampire out, but considering the young man's poor health, he dropped immediately.

"They'll likely not let him go, you know." Drake said, his posture statue-straight as he carefully lifted Cerat's body from the ground.

Warden nodded, taking Cerat into his arms as feathers began to unfurl from between his shoulderblades. "I know, but we can't just leave him here... or in the forest."