Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 10 : Harry Potter, What's Good?

Song Chapter : Cake By The Ocean by DNCE

Aria Evans

I felt a cool breeze hit me, making me snuggle more in to the blanket Chuck gave me. There was an awkward silence as I still felt Zander's gaze that's been on me for a few minutes now.

"Everyone's gone now."

I jumped, not noticing Chuck now in the room. I felt really uncomfortable with my drenched clothes, sitting on this comfy couch. This wasn't my house, it wasn't even Chuck's house.

"Hey random question, where's the guy that actually lives here?"

Zander quickly looked in Chuck's direction who led him to clear his throat uncomfortably. That led me to raise my eyebrow and eye him suspiciously, warily glancing between the two boys who both found the floor interesting.

"Well?"

I didn't really know what to expect from them, I've barely known Zander for a day and Chuck for a few hours, what were these boys really capable of?

After clearing his throat and rubbing behind his neck, Chuck spoke,

"well, we might of sort of - possibly maybe, kicked Jason out with the other people."

Oh god.

"You guys did what?"

"He was very understanding."

"Understanding?"

"Okay, maybe a bit tipsy."

"A bit?"

"Okay, the poor lad was shit faced drunk. It wasn't very hard to convince him to leave his own house."

I groaned, getting up on my feet, tossing the warm blanket off me, letting the cold air envelope me in shivers. Zander glanced up on my movement, having to stand up also.

"Where are you taking us, Evans?"

Last name basis? Cool.

"If you must know, Bue. We're going to find the poor guy, what if he gets mugged or something?"

At hearing my dramatic worries, Chuck chuckled, following us to the door.

"He's not going to get mugged. He'll come back, they always do."

His smirk was evident as he fixed his jacket in smugness. After pulling on my damped, squeaky shoes and rolling my eyes in the process I opened the door, looking back at the two idiotic boys.

"He's not one of your slugs who fall madly in love with you Chuck. Besides, sometimes they don't always come back."

When I looked forward, out into what I assumed was suppose to be a warm spring day, I found my mouth gaping and my eyes widening. It was literally freaken raining cats and dogs, clouds covering the sky making five o'clock in the afternoon look like eight o'clock at night. I slowly closed the door, consuming the laughter behind me from the boys.

"Maybe we should just find him tomorrow."

I grumbled, leading Zander back to the cozy couch with the warm blanket.

7:00 PM.

"Open it."

"No, you do it!"

"Toss for it?"

"Sounds fair."

"You fish sticks, just open it!"

My hissing stopped Chuck from reaching in his pocket for a coin. I was annoyed to the point where I wanted to bump their heads together to stop their bickering. It's been three hours since the rain has stopped us from going outside, and it was still pouring hard. After watching a movie, a horror one that took the boys twenty minutes to decide on, we decided to wander around the glass house to see what we could find. And that led us to find this old small door that was under the staircase, made me think of my favorite book series so I had to figure out what was inside.

Ten minutes later and I found myself wanting to pull my hair out from their mini argument on who to open the suspicious door. They were both scared, after watching my favorite Insidious movie they decided that this house was possessed too with supernatural activity. At first it was amusing, seeing them jump every time they heard a small noise or curse every time I randomly clapped. But now it was just down right annoying, I wanted to see Harry Potter for Christ sakes!

I pushed Zander out of my way, grabbing a hold on the rusty old door knob. A shriek stopped me from pulling it forward and I sighed in exasperation, turning to see a scared Chuck, hiding behind Zander who looked just as scared as he did.

"What now?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

"Just think about what you're about to do."

"This is not a horror movie, man up!"

"Just think about it, you sure?"

"Yes."

"Positive?"

"Oh my god, yes!"

"Yes, what?"

"What?"

"Daddy."

After hearing Chuck whisper that last part, Zander elbowed him in the gut, finally shutting him up for good. Got to admit that was smooth.

Turning back around towards the door, I finally pulled it open as it squeaked from the pressure. The room was pitched black with darkness. The only thing you could see was the start of stairs leading down to the mystery of the room.

My chest tightened and my face turned cold. Okay, maybe watching a horror movie wasn't such a good idea.

"Someone go in there."

Chuck moved us out of the way to get a glimpse of the dark room. Zander shook his head quickly and stepped closer towards me, slipping his fingers through mine, grasping my hand tightly.

"Fuck that I'm leaving."

I heard Chuck say but I really couldn't pay much attention when Zander's hand was holding mine. It almost felt natural, and seeing him not really acknowledging how weird this was made me blush with giddiness. What the heck is happening.

At that moment I heard a scream and loud bumps, making me snap out of my trance. Chuck was missing and Zander's unoccupied arm was pushed out as if he had pushed something all the while holding a huge smirk on his face.

"Oops."