Chapter 15 - "For You, I'll Do Anything."

DEDICATED TO @NerdyLlamacorn

Chapter 15 - "For You, I'll Do Anything,"

I open my notebook, take out my assignment sheet and my favorite red pencil—sharpened already at home—and arrange them angularly in a neat row on the dark blue steel desk, idly, not really having any interest in this mundane task.

My mind is fixed on one person. And one incident.

Nora.

What might possibly be going on in that head of hers?

I'm not stupid. I know that something is definitely bothering her, and she's behaving weirdly because of that something.

But . . .What might that be?

Maybe she has some problems at home?

That's highly unlikely though. Her parents are the sweetest people I know.

Maybe she's being stalked?

No, that's not possible within pack-land . . .

Maybe it's something else within the Pack itself?

Argh! I don't know!

Mr. Devon arrives just then, and I try to focus my thoughts back to the subject and endure one last lesson before lunch.

Five minutes into the lesson, the door of our classroom opens slowly, but surprisingly, the steel hinges don't make a single whine. They co-operate very well, with whoever this person trying to open the door is, and sneak into our usually un-interrupted class, as many fear the wrath of Mr. Tardy Devon—yes, that's his nickname. Very creative, I know—who will make your ears bleed with his lecture about punctuality, and rip you a slip without hesitation.

Mr. Devon is writing down the derivation of Euler's Theorem, so his back is to the class.

The class that was on the brink of dozing off any second, wakes up and becomes alert with excitement, as everyone cranes their necks to see who this latecomer is, daring to sneak behind Mr. Devon's back.

Slowly, a head full of chocolate brown hair appears, and then the mischievous azure eyes I've become all too familiar with shows itself. Finally, then the rakishly smirking Beta's face is revealed; much to the excitement of all the girls in the class.

They all start to sit straighter, run their fingers through their hair, and some guys and girls even take out their cell phones and record this!

He is bending down to escape inside, and as the girls start to whisper and bounce in their seats, Beta Ezra places his index finger on his lips, and shakes his head silently, immediately quieting down everyone.