Chapter Forty Six

I blinked once.

Twice.

Three times. 

It was real.

Not only the kiss, but also the realization. I had known for quite a while deep down but I just didn't want to say it. The realization that  I actually had feelings for Xander.

I was hurt, things seemed to be going in slow motion. I couldn't stop the hatred that coursed through my body. I was mad at Evangeline, for showing up and ruining the conversation me and Xander were having. Who am I kidding, I was mad at her for kissing Xander.

I was mad at Xander.

He flirted with girls, that just made me jealous.. but this.. I was mad. It was wrong of me to blame then though. Evangeline might not have made the move if I had actually admitted that I liked him, but still she knew he was my master.

No.

That meant nothing.

Just my master.

Would he want to swap her for me? I was seriously over-thinking right now. I slowly removed myself from the trance I was in, just in time to see Evangeline drop from her tip-toes with a soft smile. Xander's eyes were wide in surprise, his brow furrowed in confusion.

Sure.

Evangeline's eyes snapped to me. They lit up immediately ,"Milania!" She sang,a huge smile growing on her face.

You better wipe that motherf*ckin smile off your face before I slap it off.

Seriously? You can't be that jealous you're actually annoyed at her.

"Hello" I put on a tiny fake smile, my voice was almost a whisper. My eyes flickered to Xander who's jaw was tightened, while he stared at me. He didn't know what to say. He seemed to be giving me a pleading look but I quickly ignored it, flashing my eyes back to Eva.

She gave me a strange look before the smile returned to her face. "I came here to thank you!" I tilted my head, "Thank me?"

"About leaving-"

"Haven't you thanked me enough?" ARE YOU SERIOUS? DID YOU JUST  SNAP AT A GOD DAMN SWEET GIRL. 

I quickly had to save it when I saw her brow furrow, "Because your voice is going to disappear if you keep thanking me"  I forced out a fake laugh and the smile returned to her face. I could see Xander in the back.

His eyes were on me the whole time, watching me like a hawk. 

The image of Eva and him kissing again appeared and I had to do my best not to be upset about it. Why did it hurt so much? "Uhm..." I couldn't think of what to say, "A-anyway Evangeline, I was just about to go do some shopping so I'll talk to you later"  

I had to get out of there. It was too crowded... well in reality it wasn't crowded at all. I pushed past her, not missing the confused look that appeared on her face. I kept my eyes load when I headed toward the door, not wanting to even so much as glance at Xander.

I was just about to be free when a strong grip appeared on my wrist.

Of course. I should have just taken the back door.

"Let go" My voice was barely audible.

"Look at me" He  whispered back but his voice was demanding. It took me a moment before slowly raising my eyes. 

He watched me with a sad expression, almost begging me, "Mil-"

"Let.me.go" I gritted my teeth but it only made his grip on my wrist tighter.