Rivendell

"Gandalf." Lord Elrond smiles as he looks down from his horse at his old friend as Gandalf smiles and bows respectfully towards Elrond.

"Lord Elrond. Mellonnen! Mo evínedh? (My friend! Where have you been?)" He asked up towards him.

"Farannem 'lamhoth i udul o charad. Dagannem rim na Iant Vedui. (We've been hunting a pack of Orcs that came up from the South. We slew a number near the Hidden Pass.)" Lord Elrond explained as he dismounted his horse as Gandalf and Lord Elrond share a welcoming hug from not seeing each other in a while.

"Strange for Orcs to come so close to our borders. Something, or someone, has drawn them near." He raised an eyebrow towards Gandalf as he held up an Orc sword and shows it to everyone, then hands it to Lindir, thankful to get rid of holding the disgusting blade. Lord Elrond stiffened as he scented the dragon, but didn't say anything, hoping that he was wrong on sensing a Rider.

"Ah, that may have been us." Gandalf apologised as Thorin steps forward, and Elrond looks upon him with recognition. The dwarves had stood in front of Dwalin, trying to hide Artemis especially after her pleading words of not letting them take her.

"Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain." Lord Elrond welcomed as Thorin narrowed his eyes up at the Elf rather annoyed he didn't even know this foul being and yet it knew him.

"I do not believe we have met." He spoke sternly the hate in the edge of his words as Gandalf glared towards the dwarf though Lord Elrond took no notice.

"You have your grandfather's bearing. I knew Thror when he ruled under the Mountain." Lord Elrond spoke simply as Thorin raised an eyebrow up at the 'Elf' who have know his grandfather.

"Indeed; he made no mention of you." Thorin insulted as Lord Elrond once again ignored the insult and turns to the Gandalf sharing a look before turning back to the dwarves peaking in Elvish as they had no idea what he was saying.

"Nartho i noer, toltho i viruvor. Boe i annam vann a nethail vin. (Light the fires, bring forth the wine. We must feed our guests.)" He spoke to his fellow Elves as they all nodded however the dwarves all grumbled and growled holding their weapons ready to attack at the 'insult'.

"What is he saying? Does he offer us insult?" Gloin snapped as Gandalf chuckled and speaks exasperatedly.

"No, master Gloin, he's offering you food."

The dwarves quickly discuss this amongst themselves. Before they turned back to the Elf.

"Ah well, in that case, lead on." They agreed before the moved slightly and Lord Elrond got a glance at Artemis as he stiffened. he was staring hard at the dying girl as the dwarves noticed the change and realised they had seen her.

"She can not stay!" Elrond snapped as he turned to start walking up when Gandalf grabbed hold of his arm.

"Please she needs help." Gandalf begged as Elrond glanced back at her.

"I will not have her staying in Rivendell after dark!" He growled as Elrond and Gandalf shared a few words in Elvish. It was evident to Elrond that Gandalf had no idea who Artemis was truly. He hesitated, before Lord Elrond walked over towards Artemis, the dwarves split a path for him as he shakingly unwrapped the bandage on her leg looking at her wound. He straightened muttering under his breath.

"This wound is way beyond me Gandalf. I can only do so far, the rest is on her" He told them as they whispered amongst themselves. Lord Elrond had his arms out waiting for Dwalin to hand her over but he only growled remembering her plea.

"I'll carry her" He spoke through his gritted teeth as Lord Elrond nodded and made his hurry on after him, leading them both to a chamber as Dwalin placed her on a bed, before two Elves dragged him out of the room locking the door behind them as he pounded on the door angrily. Inside the Elves on Elrond's command, bound her wrists and ankles to the bed with Elvish rope. Elrond didn't want to take any chances, before he started to look at her wounded leg.