Reading of the Map

"Where do you think your going?" Fili and Kili cried on after her as they ran after her, jumping down three stairs at  time, as they both engulfed her into a hug. Artemis chuckled slightly before she returned her hug. It was nice to have some comfort.

“I’ll be back by dawn tomorrow” She responded with a small smile before she was about to walk off, they pulled her back, looking worried. They cared for he, and she felt bad she couldn’t feel the same for them.

“You must rest. You were badly wounded” Kili informed her as she shook her head and removed her cloak to the side, as they gasped to see her leg perfectly fine. Not even a scratch.

“How is that possible? You were close to death?” Fili questioned as she looked away.

“Stay out of trouble tonight, alright. You don’t want to make your Uncle angry, like the night with the Trolls” She told them as they nodded.

“Do you have to go?” Kili begged, looking down at her, Artemis just sighed.

“I must. It’s not safe for me to be here, give my regards to Gandalf and the others” She informed at they both pouted. Artemis chuckled, scruffing up their hair before pulling them into a hug.

“Come on you two. I am only going for the night.” She chuckled as they both raised an eyebrow at her.

“Yeah, last time you left at night, you came back with dragon poison and a deadly wound!” Fili reminded her as Artemis flinched at the word dragon.

“Nothing will happen to me. I promise” She promised as she saw it made the two dwarves calm down slightly.

“Ah Artemis i see you're up” Gandalf smiled as he came round the corner but frowned when he saw her dressed to leave.

“You can’t possibly be leaving?” He asked horrified, when Artemis didn’t say anything it only confirmed what he feared.

“But why must you leave?” Fili asked her as she shook her head.

“Lord Elrond doesn’t want me here after nightfall, and i shall respect his wishes” She spoke plainly as she began walking away.

“But why. You’re not dangerous at night. You’ve been fine at night at camp..”

“Well beside the time she was sick” Kili pointed out as Fili nodded as they were running after Artemis trying to convince her to stay.

“True, so why is he so worried?” Fili asked her as what the dwarves didn’t know was that Lord Elrond could hear every word being spoken as he looked down from his balcony. Artemis could smell him, as she stopped sighing, she looked up at him, before turning to Fili and Kili.

“Nice try. But I can’t stay” She whispered as they let her go. Lord Elrond from his chambers frowned slightly, she had been with the dwarves at night. Yet they had no idea what she was? Beside Fili and Kili appeared an Elf, as they both jumped back. She was dressed in a white gown, she had long brown hair and a gold crown on her head as she was staring out after Artemis, as she froze smelling the Elf behind her.

“Lady Elizabeth” Gandalf bowed in respect as Artemis just turned round to glare at the Elf.

“Leaving so soon, I thought you especially would have wanted to stay” She questioned Artemis as she just growled at the Elf. Gandalf took a few steps forward, unsure of how Lady Elizabeth and Artemis knew each other.

“What do you want?” Artemis hissed through her clenched teeth, as Lady Elizabeth just chuckled, before holding out a small vial and shaking it back and forth.

“You know perfectly well what it is i want” She sneered, as Artemis backed up slowly. Lady Elizabeth had been after a tear from Artemis for as long as Artemis could remember.