Part II - Hearts Collide

It was never the end that terrified her the most.

It was stepping into the unknown of a new beginning.

.

---- Author's Note ----

Thank you so much for reading thus far and continuing to read Heart of Stone!

Part II is more emotional than Part I, and sometimes it's hard to empathize with a character like Aubree and her new dilemma if you've never experienced what she's going through.

As some of you know, Aubree's dilemma in Part 1 comes from my own life experience (minus the whole lycan and vampire bits, obviously). Dan and Stone reflect aspects of both my ex and my fiancé, but they are both fictional characters. It's the experience of loving someone so completely and then having to choose between him and someone else that is coming from my life.

Friends who believe in soulmates would attest that my fiancé and I are soulmates. We met in our youth and felt an instant connection, but were separated when we went to different high schools. We reconnected 10 years later, and despite me being in a 5-year relationship with someone else, he still had a place in my heart.

Without going into details, I chose my fiancé in the end. He gave me the space I needed to mourn the end of that relationship before entering a new one.

Just putting this out there so you can understand how emotionally difficult some of these chapters have been on me to write because I had to relive everything--from pain, to guilt, to love, etc. Aubree is not 100% me, but she does reflect aspects of my personality (all of the characters do), and I have to remain true to her character rather than slip into my own during these times (which was the challenge in the last few chapters).

So, yeah. That's the secret of this story. XD