Exodus - Chapter 1

" Wake up you nincompoop!!!"

" Huh? What? Who's ther-"

I was rudely awakened by an ear-peircing screech that gave my noggin a horrible headache. Followed by a bucket full of ice cold water to my face. I was completely drenched from my head to my shoulders.

Lucky me.

" What are you still doing here? Don't let Verono catch you slacking in the bunker. I swear he'll have your sorry little rump sent back to the Mistress and you'll miss your first midnight hunt!!! " Quinsten reprimanded. My eye (Yes! My eye. A tree branch smacked me in my right eye during training and now it's patched up making me look like a pirate) widened in fear.

I can't simply miss midnight hunt! All of the trainees have to go for it. And it's dead fun. Scouting the South's dense forests and rocky hills in search of Wanderers - rogues, bandits or mages - or enemy spies. It was a tradition for each trainee of the Southern Legion to participate in the hunt, excluding the part of tracking down enemies loyal to that godforsaken emperor of Benenzia.

For centuries, the four districts have been in terms with each other. They usually tend to their own people and lands and never really communicate outside of their barricade. So long as they follow the law and acknowledge the Majesty of Benenzia as their true leader. Until the recent attack of the South which left us all in shambles. No one ever figured out what was the cause of the sudden attack, but it sure did quite a stir between the districts. Said it was Wallace himself (right after becoming commander for the Royal Navy) who caused havoc in our district. The situation intrigued me and I have yet to find out why. If only mother would speak about it.....

" ALEX!! Snap out of it! " Quinsten roared and flicked his index finger and thumb to my forehead.

" Ow! Sorry... Guess I was lost in thought," I replied sheepishly and wiped my face with a cloth. I scrambled around our bunker to get ready for today's dagger training session with Verono. To be frank, I was very anxious about it. I mean before, we were only allowed to use wooden sticks as weapons and practiced our stance for long boring hours. I could die today for all I know.

" Do you mind?!" I hissed at Quinsten who was staring at me intently as I was about to change. He blushed and turned to the other direction. I rolled my eyes at him.

After changing into my trainee's uniform, we walked briskly through the bunker's brightly lit corridors. Most of the trainees have gone to the break to have their breakfast and the only person with us in the building was Travor. He was a quiet boy - too quiet for my liking. One time I tried to converse with him and he cut me off and walked away. But I never found a way to loathe him. The way he smiles slightly when he agrees with you and the way he holds a door for a lady (including me. Though I was perplexed as to why he would do it for me. I never acted like a lady ever since joining the Legion a few suns back.)

As we exited the door leading to the courtyard, a slim pale hand pulled me back inside the building. I stared in disbelief as Travor scrutinized every inch of my pale face. His bright green eyes stared back at mine as he inched closer to my face. Oh. I never thought him and I share the same colour for our eyes. I thought to myself, never realising that Trevor's Oh! so chiseled face was litteraly centimetres from mine. I blushed at the thought of him giving me a light kis- 

Damn it! I immedietely jumped back from his grip and dragged the astonished looking Quinsten with me towards the break. I risked glancing back at Travor who was equally as surprised as the buffoon I was pulling along. I gave him an apologetic smile and dissapeared amongst the crowd of trainees in the break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aloha!! hope you liked the first chapter :) bye bye :D

it's quite short so sorry about that :/ i'll try and write more next time!!!

sorry for the spelling or gramatical errors here haha :/