Act 14: The hives

Kohta:
As fun as it was watching Dante and Shizuka almost kill each other it was time our little training session ended. We went back to the estate where Saya's father was waiting for us in a conference room to talk to us about the situation.
"It looks like we've found at least where these things are being made."
"How did you figure that out?"
"Well Dante I had to send men out to gather intelligence and they sent back pictures of these."
He put up projections of buildings that were bulging with red bumps that looked like they were made of blood and flesh. It was disgusting to look at.
"These are hives and there are multiple of them scarred across the city."
"Ok so what's the plan of action now?"
"Simple really. You take Rei, Saeko, Takashi and Kohta and go destroy these things. It should make you stronger and slow down the spread."
Saya decided to cut in on the conversation and boy did she look mad.
"I'm going to fight too dad."
"Saya you're more useful here."
"Shut up! You know that's not true. Your just scared that your daughter won't come back."
"That's not what I'm-"
"You think I can't do it. You think I'm weak but I'm not and I'm going to prove it because that first hive I'm taking down myself!"
She stormed out of the room after that and I followed her.
"Wait were you serious?"
"Hell yes I was serious. I'm not daddy's little girl anymore."
"Can you blame him for wanting to keep you safe?"
"I don't care. I'm not gonna sit back while everyone else puts there lives on the line. So are you coming or not?"
"What makes you think I want to go?"
She turned and faced me with an expression that said that she wanted to fight but she did have fear in her.
"Fine but we need to hurry before they try to stop us. I'll pick up some equipment and meet you in the front."
I ran to the armory and grabbed a sub-maching gun and a few clips of ammo. When I went to the front Saya was waiting for me at the doorway.
"You ready Kohta?"
"It's not to late to just stop you know."
She grunted which made it obvious that I didn't make her happy by saying that. Then she walked away and I followed a few feet behind. If I got close to her when she's mad I had a feeling I would get hit and with the powers now it could now be impaled. The first hive was near the outskirts of the city. It took about a half hour of high speed running and jumping to get there but I wish we had taken our time. It looked more disgusting in person than in the photos which made me reluctant.
"Still not too late."
"Come on Kohta. We can do this. I believe in you."
What is it about a pretty girl saying she believes in you that makes you think you can take on the whole world. I walked into the hive building looking brave when I was really ready to piss myself. Only reason I didn't was because the moment we entered we were immediately attacked by the monsters. I felt claws teari bf me apart and stone fist shattering bones as they piled on to me. I couldn't breathe. They blocked any oxygen from getting in. What am I going to do. I can't die here, not in front of her before I had a chance to prove what I'm worth, before I could tell her how I feel.

Saya:
I'm such an idiot. I thought we could do this with only two of us but we're not strong enough. I just didn't want my dad to dictate what I do and now we're staring death in the face and he's pulling us in. No I can't think like that. It's not just my life on the line here. Kohta is here too because of me and I can't let him down because I wanted to bite off more than I could chew. The monsters that were piling on me were constantly tearing my body apart. It was complete agony but it's time to ignore in pain. As I screamed in anger and frustration I stood back up lifting the pile of monsters along with me. Then I tossed them into the air and changed my arm into its bladed whip form. I swung into all of them and sliced them into small bits a pieces with a rapid shower of strikes. As there bits and pieces fell to the ground I turned to see that Kohta still hadn't found a way to get himself free. I ran into the pile and jabbed my fist into one of the monsters. He tried to turn around and slice me with its claws but I consumed him before he could get the chance. Now to the victors come the spoils and I sure felt spoiled when I shifted both of my arms into giant claws like the ones Dante first had. With those I tore apart the monsters one after another digging closer and closer to a hopefully still alive Kohta. As I got closer to the center my hope began to dwindle. He was so quiet for too long. Could I have been too late? Please don't let me have been too late. Tears started to form as I continued slicing, scratching and digging with still no Kohta to show for it.
"Come on Kohta. Don't die. Don't die!" Dammit I'm sorry I dragged you into this! I'm supposed to be smart but I'm nothing but an idiot and you're paying the price."
There was still no reaction and my tears began to pour put like waterfalls.
"You've been there for me since this all began Kohta. You can't leave me now! I can't imagine my life without you so please get out of there!"
There was still nothing. Was he really gone? It would be all my fault that I lost the person that I-
"I love you Kohta!"
I heard a weird noise coming from the horde. I didn't know what it could have been. My first suggestion was that it was the sound of them completely eating Kohta but that changed when an arm emerged from one of their backs. After that they were consumed one after the other and the biggest smile formed on my face seeing Kohta alive.
"Sorry about all that. To be honest I really thought I was dead. It's strange but I thought I heard your voice and that pulled me back."
I jumped up and gave him a big hug. That had to be one of the happiest moments of my life.
"Now don't we have to knock this place down."
I laughed at his newfound confidence but before we went back to work there was something I felt like I needed to do. I grabbed Kohta by his adorable cheeks and pressed my lips against his. It felt amazing until blood from Kohta's nose was spraying almost everywhere.
"Gross Kohta. Let's just get back to work."
"Yes mam."
With my claws prime and Kohta with newfound fighting spirit there was nothing that could stop us as we wreaked havoc across the entire building until the entire thing crumbled into pieces.