CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX✔️

dedicated to MarvelSuperHeros because her comments made me laugh

THIRTY-SIX | SHATTERED ONCE AGAIN

The chanting had continued and Arabella watched as her brother encroached on Jenna. The strawberry-blonde was withering in pain; clutching her head and gasps on agony escaped her painted lips.

"Hello, Jenna," Klaus greeted maliciously. Jenna slowly stood up and met Klaus' gaze.

"Let her go," Elena pleaded, also rising. Elena was ready to do whatever it would take to save her family, and Arabella knew this, which is why she stepped closer to Klaus. Arabella quickly readied herself for whatever oncoming actions from the vampire or any other threat.

Elena continued to speak, "I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" Elena tried stepping forward to her aunt, but the red, hot flames sparked and blocked Elena from moving any further.

"Careful," Arabella mocked, a teasing smirk on her lips.

"Elena, don't," Jenna warned.

"No, Jenna. We can't Jeremy without a family," Elena argued. She turned to Klaus with watery eyes. "I followed your rules, I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please!" Klaus only smirked at the two Gilbert's, not relenting. No matter how much Elena would cry and beg, Klaus would keep his word. Elena Gilbert will die in a sacrifice, and that was a fact.

Arabella heard a snap in the distance and smirked, "Well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list." Arabella turned her head to look at Stefan's brooding face. She raised an eyebrow at him before speeding over.

"You're going to die," Arabella stated, crossing her arms over her chest. Stefan shrugged.

"I'm here to talk," Stefan remarked.

"Very well, then. Niklaus," Arabella called, "Stefan has come here to see you."

Klaus was up in a second, looking at Stefan curiously. "What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?" he asked.

Stefan stepped closer to Klaus, "You don't need to kill Jenna. I'll take her place."

Arabella laughed. She glanced down at Elena and Jenna. She knew full well this would absolutely destroy Elena. She looked at Klaus, raising an eyebrow. Arabella hoped he would replace Jenna for Stefan - this would cause more sorrow for Elena.

"Oh, I don't know. I rather appreciated the symmetry of three women - three goddesses - sacrificed at nature's altar," Klaus claimed, walking around Stefan. Arabella rolled her eyes at her brother's dramatics.

"Don't play games with me," Stefan said as he turned to look at Klaus. "You'll get what you want anyway."

"You're quite the hero, aren't you?" Klaus inquired. "Yeah, I've heard that about you."

"Just make the trade. Stefan for Jenna," Stefan's tone was borderline annoyance. He wanted this to be over, he wanted finality.

Arabella jumped down with her brother, ready to tell Elena of the recent news.

"Quite the predicament," Klaus said. "You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish." Arabella gestured to the stoic vampire ahead of her.

Elena sighed, "Stefan..."

"It's okay," Stefan assured. Arabella, again, rolled her eyes.

"Well, who's it going to be, Elena?" Arabella questioned, disregarding the doppelganger's watery look.

"No," Elena replied.

Arabella shrugged and stabbed Stefan in the gut. She bent down and whispered, "Give Damon my regards for his accident." Arabella stood back up and smirked, "You don't get a choice. Your aunt dies, you die, the Salvatore's live in grief and heartache."

Elena gasped as she saw Stefan's crippled body on the ground.

Klaus rubbed his hand on Arabella's shoulder and spoke, "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." Klaus swung his hand back and cracked Stefan's neck, killing him for the time being. Arabella looked at Stefan's dead body nonchalantly while Elena let out a cry at the sight.

"Whenever you're ready, Greta," Klaus yelled. Greta began to chant in Latin, her hands hovering over the fire which the moonstone and Jules' heart had been dropped, and soon Jenna's too.

The fire decreased steadily until there was nothing left. Klaus stepped forward, watching Jenna like a hawk. He knew she was smart, and he knew that the vampire would try to make an effort to escape. Who wouldn't?

"You're turn," Klaus sneered at Jenna.

"No, Jenna, no!" Elena cried.

"It's alright, Elena. I know what I have to do," Jenna said, her voice underlying that she was going to try and run. Arabella snorted lightly at Jenna's attempt at being subtle. Arabella positioned herself near the vampire, ready to run. Yet, Jenna had done the unexpected. She dove for the witch and bit her neck, taking a large chunk out of her. Greta gasped and moaned in torment. Klaus rushed towards Jenna and stabbed a stake in her side and pulled her back. Jenna collapsed to the floor.

"Jenna, no!" wept the doppelganger.

Tears were falling from Jenna and Elena's faces'. Arabella would've felt bad if she cared, but at the moment she was relishing in this moment. Elena's last minutes on Earth was spent crying over the loss of a relative; priceless.

"Just turn it off." Elena's voice cracked. "You won't be scared anymore."

Arabella smirked as Klaus flipped her over. He thrust the wooden stake through Jenna's heart, effectively killing her. Grey veins appeared on her once tan skin. Her eyes dulled and the sound of her heart beating had ceased.

"No! Jenna!" Elena sobbed.

"Yes! Jenna!" Arabella cheered. Elena sent the most hateful glare she could give to then strawberry-blonde. Arabella only smiled wickedly and winked.

~~~

Stefan had awoken, his groans of pain being the first sign. Arabella glanced over at him before she turned away and watched as Greta would chant and pour Jenna's blood into the orange fire. Klaus watched her impatiently, wanting to get the curse broken as soon as possible. Klaus walked to Elena. Arabella couldn't contain her nerves. She was ready to watch the doppelganger drop to the ground, her blood on her brother's lips.

"It's time," Klaus announced. Arabella's lips twitched, nearly giving away an excited smile. The ring around Elena diminished and Klaus stalked forward. Arabella stayed behind, wanting to relish in the excitement alone. The day had come - Elena Gilbert was going to die.

Klaus beckoned for Elena. She stood up and faced him. Elena Gilbert knew her death was coming. She glanced at her dead aunt's body and a tear slipped from her eye. Arabella hadn't cared what Elena was feeling at the moment, only divulging that the sole person responsible for stealing her true love was about to die.

"Thank you, Elena."

"Go to hell."

Klaus smirked as he dove for her neck. He began to suck the girl dry. Arabella studied them carefully. Elena was growing weaker by the second and Klaus was becoming sloppier. Arabella's smile grew and grew as Elena's looked frail every intake of blood Klaus devoured. Arabella nearly joined in, but this was Klaus' moment to break something he had been wanting for centuries. Arabella enjoyed the sight of Elena's dead body on the ground. The thump of her lifeless corpse ringed in her ears.

"It's over," Arabella whispered. "She's dead."

~~~

I UPDATED BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS SO MERRY CHRISTMAS THIS IS MY PRESENT

ONE MORE CHAPTER GUYS THEN THE SECOND BOOK OMG GAHGKHGK.

-holly