Epilogue: Just The Beginning.

A/N Word count.... 10,025.... ENJOY!!

Six Years After Trial...

Waking up, I was extremely worried about today. I've only experienced this feeling once before in my life and that was six years ago in high school. But the added pressure of today only made me feel nauseous. And my best friends were not making it any better with the texts they've been sending me since last night. Especially since they're the reason I'm nervous, but I would never let them know that.

After I graduated top of my class with a Fine Arts degree 2 years ago, as soon as I walked off the stage the new head coach of the Minnesota Lynx approached me. When I started undergrad the Lynx were starting to go downhill and they never really recovered from it. But I heard that this coach specialised in making low ranking teams, high again. So, when she offered me a 2 year contract, and if everything she planned goes right, then later I could get a 4 year one, I accepted.

Going from college basketball to the WNBA was definitely a change in pace. Especially for me. After all the hype I got from college ball, them finding out I accepted to be apart of a low ranking team didn't set well with my fans or my growing fan base. But, once I brought home the first Championship in 6 years for the Lynx, they stopped calling me names and instead I got the tag 'Female Stephen Curry'.

I was even able to meet him after everyone started with the name. My fans even named themselves after what me and his 'ship name' would be in the least romantic way possible; except for the few dreamers who would just try to trend #Y/S/NIsReal all the time. He was really cool about it, though, and after people saw us hanging out we really blew up and now whatever sponsors he has, so do I.

Nadia and Lauren were so jealous because they just knew we would all get out of school at the same time and all the fame would spread evenly. But because Lauren decided to double major in Gym and Music, at Syracuse University, she had to wait another year to clean up some miscommunication with what credits she should've and shouldn't have taken.

Nadia though, she decided to make life really hard and doubled in Gym and Math. I don't know why she loves math so much but she was the smartest one at Michigan State University and they were all sort of upset when she picked basketball over math.

Which brings me back to why I'm nervous today. My team is undefeated, 10-0, and when Nadia and Lauren got drafted by the Dallas Wings this year, the thing that sold them on accepting was the phrase, and I quote, "Wouldn't it be great for The Y/N Y/L/N to lose to her two bestest friends in the world?". And on their first year, so far, they are also 10-0.

Ever since they found out we were playing each other they wouldn't shut up about it. They always reference the one time that both Syracuse and Michigan State beat Duke my sophomore year one time. But they fail to accept the fact that the games were played back to back right after I injured my ankle so I couldn't play at 100%. But after tonight I'll show them that that won't ever happen again.

Matt and Alicia no longer live with me. After about six months after I left the house with them, my parents fixed their marriage. They needed to see a counselor because when they tried to talk themselves it would still end in arguments. Turns out the problem was that my dad thought my mom would leave him because of the trial. But she never wanted that, she just wished he would have listened to me so we wouldn't have waisted money on a trial that didn't even get a guilty verdict.

Not that that was what she wished for, but the only difference between now and six years ago before they knew is just that I'm not living at home anymore and I still don't talk to my dad. He still doesn't believe that Dinah loved me back then and that she's still a predator. So we never rekindled anything.