Chapter 32

Chapter 32 -  Sad puppy

TAYLORS POV

" I see,you're that kind of girl," said Euan to Audrey after she tells Euan on her plan becoming a Doctor. Yes, they suddenly became friends, how? I don't know, maybe they have something in common, like having a picky personality, loves designer items and social gathering's, bragging things, people they know etc. and I'm stuck with them, while the others busy raising their money fighting over a piece of a baseball with signature in it.

"So, you two are fine with the marriage thing?" Audrey asked randomly that made me look at her in an instance. What is she up to?

"Since I was a kid my father always told me that 'in time I will meet the right woman for me'..." Euanthen looked me straight in the eyes and added "I don't know who else is well suited woman for me other than Taylor" as he smiled proudly, I have to admit that made me feel flattered and blushed a little.

"You're saying is?" Audrey plays the just answer yes or no card.

"Yes, I'm fine with it, in fact, I don't mind at all marrying your best friend..." Euan answered "if it is okay with you?" He smiled like he is asking for Audrey's blessing.

"Definitely not~" Audrey responded like it was kind of some silly joke to ask her. " Because I know Taylor here likes someone..." she said, smiling at me provokingly as she sip's her champagne. It's starting to get hotter every second of every hour just by listening to their discussion about me, Euan is being a pesky man whore he is, keeps asking random things about me and Audrey keeps on answering them. The tension between them is crazy and I'm the one who is absorbing all of it. Trying to avert my attention away, I grab another glass of chardonnay as the waiter is passing by, I took a mouthful of sip and making my paddle number as a fan.

I can still hear their voices at my side, but this time the Auctioneer's voice is more audible, introducing the last piece for tonight. It's a painting, a beautiful one. The bidding starts at five hundred thousand dollars, someone in front of the crowd raises it for five hundred fifty and another one raise it again as it continues, one after another. Hearing Audrey snickers, but decided to ignore their conversation for my own sake and to just watch the others fight for the beautiful painting. Not for long, my peace was disturbed again by these two... I don't know.Sigh.

"Euan and I have decided to hang out with you after this, what do you say?" Audrey said, standing beside me.

"I would be fun! Audrey's idea... to get to know you better--" blah blah blah blah as they go, on and on. What's with them?!

Getting tired of their annoying battle of 'i-know-more-than-you-know', Raising my paddle number and bid for "one million!" I shouted as the auctioneer repeated the amount I raised and said "once? Going twice?" And a loud thud was heard "Sold for one million dollars."

I smiled in relived that Audrey and Euan stopped talking, I turn around to face them "No, I want to go home." Turning down their invite. With that, I leave the two behind and went to the events, organizer to talk and take some details about my first ever win in a fundraising auction.