Chapter 3: That went good

sorry for any spelling erros...

Chapter 3: That went good

Being pregnant is a whole new experience to me. Knowing that I have someone growing in me still makes me feel as though everything is still unreal. I’m already 12 weeks into my pregnancy and sure enough I have a small baby bump. To be honest with you, my baby bump is cute. I may have gotten a slight bit bigger, but that’s alright with me. I’m aiming for a girl. I would really like a girl and I will soon find out, in a couple more weeks. Around my 16th week of pregnancy.

I was supposed to go to Adam’s surprised party that Cindy invited me to, but I couldn’t go for two main reasons. One of the reasons was because I couldn’t afford to miss another day of work. I need money to pay my bills and to put food in my mouth to feed both me and my unborn child. And the second reason was because of my mother. She was in a bad accident on that day and was sent to the ICU, but thank god, she’s recovering and is doing okay.

Tania thinks I’m trying to find excuses to not see Adam and tell him about the baby, but she understands my reasoning’s. She really wants me to tell him, but it’s just going to have to wait, until I have the time to talk to him.

<> 

“Courtney, you know how I feel.” She said with a long sigh.

“Yes I know how you feel but you just have to wait until I’m ready to tell him.”

“And when is that going to be Court?”

I looked out the hospital window and just thought about that answer. “I don’t know. I want to tell him but then again I don’t want to. He’s a married man and he seems happy with Cindy. I wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s marriage. That’s just not me. And this baby was a mistake that both me and Adam made.”

I can already see Tania slapping her hand on her forehead and shaking it in disagreement.

“Its his baby to Court. If you don’t hurry and tell him then I will. Regardless of anything, a father has a right to know they’re going to be a dad. You know when he found out that you were supposed to come to his surprise party, he asked about you.”

I turned around to face the loud waiting area where peoples were coming in, going out, just waiting in the waiting area or just walking by.

“Really, what did he say?”

“Nothing really. Just asked how were you and if you were doing okay. Courtney, I was so tempted to tell him about the baby but I knew it wasn’t the right time or place to tell him. And I also had the thought in mind that you be upset with me if I told him.”

“Yeah, you’re right about that one. But don’t worry, I will tell him.”

“When?” She said sounding desperate to know.

“Soon Tania.”

She groaned when I said that. “Whatever Courtney. But please don’t wait any longer.”

“Alright. If today goes well for me, I will think about telling him tonight.”

Tania was polite enough to give me his phone number just in case I did decide to tell him out of the bloom. I had his number stored in my phone for already 3 weeks, and not once have I called or text it. There were times I was half tempted to call but then I would quickly decide to not call him.

After talking to Tania, I made my way up to the 4th floor to visit my mother, who still is clueless to my pregnancy. But she will know the minute she sees me. I’m wearing a tight white T-shirt that’s showing my small baby bump.