Chapter 32

-

"It's been three days, you have to sleep." Maggie demanded, slamming her hands down on the kitchen island.

"I'm not going to be asleep when he wakes up." I replied.

"Listen, I know how you feel. I didn't want to do anything until I got Glenn back, and I have him back now. It's not healthy for you to not be eating, sleeping, or taking care of yourself." She replied.

"We'll wake you up if anything happens." Glenn stated.

"Promise me?" I asked, sticking out my pinky finger.

"I promise." He replied.

-

I held the pregnancy test in my hands, waiting to see the results.

"I know how you're feeling, don't freak out. Our babies can be best friends!" Maggie exclaimed.

I looked to the floor, feeling my heart beat slow down.

Rick would hate me if I was pregnant.

What if he doesn't even wake up? What if my child doesn't have a father?

"What does it say? Come on! Look at it!" Maggie encouraged, a huge smile etched on her face.

I handed it to Maggie before I could see anything.

"You're pregnant, Sam." Maggie stated, her voice quiet.

I slowly sat down on the closed toilet, and put a hand to my lips.

"No." I whispered.

"Sam, it's okay. We're living in a safe, stable environment with loving and caring people. Our babies are going to grow up just fine." She replied.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about Rick. If he wakes up, he's going to hate me. If he doesn't wake up, the baby isn't going to have a father. What if I have another miscarriage? What if I die during labor like Lori?" I rambled.

"Stop. Stop right there. None of that is going to happen. Rick isn't going to hate you, ever. He's going to wake up, you're going to be fine." She replied.

I put my head in my hands before letting a few tears fall.

"We're probably due around the same time, it's perfect. We'll all get through this together, okay?" She replied, kneeling down in front of me.

"It's been a week, he still isn't awake. I can't do this without him. I can't live without him." I cried.

"Stop being negative. He's going to wake up!" She replied, wrapping her arms around me.

"Please don't tell anyone." I begged.

"I won't." She replied, rubbing my back.

-

I sat down on the bed beside Rick, talking to him like I do every day.

"Carl's taking all of this better than I am. He still needs you, Judith needs you, I need you. I need you more than ever." I mumbled, putting my hand in his.

"We all need you to wake up," I whispered, "I miss your cockiness, I miss your bossy moods, I miss your hugs, I miss your kisses, I miss your voice, I miss you." I mumbled.

-

"His wounds are healing nicely." Denise declared.

"What will make you sleep?" Maggie asked, turning to me.

"If he wakes up." I replied.

Maggie pulled me aside before lecturing me about how the baby needs nutrients and I need to take care of myself so the baby will be okay.

"Please wake me up in three hours." I begged.

"Eight." Maggie corrected.

"Five." I replied.

"Ten." She replied.

"Eight." I sighed.

"Good girl." She teased.

-

"Are you ready?" Denise asked, hooking up the ultrasound shït.

"I didn't even know you had so much medical stuff." I replied.

"It's pretty nice." She replied.

"Can I wait? You know, until Rick wakes up?" I asked.

I watched Denise sigh before looking to Maggie who was wiping the jelly-like substance off of her stomach.

"You don't have to look, I just need to make sure everything's alright with it." Denise replied.

"It makes you so much more relaxed, I promise." Maggie replied.

"Okay, fine." I replied.

I raised my shirt up and looked down at my small baby bump before Denise began rubbing the cold shit on my stomach.

"Oh my God, Sam!" Maggie exclaimed, pointing at the screen.

I smiled, seeing that there was indeed a baby growing in my stomach.

Tears pooled around my eyes, and all I wished for was that Rick was awake to see.

"Nine weeks along, you're almost done with your first trimester!" Denise exclaimed.

I wiped fallen tears off of my cheeks before wiping my stomach off.

"Thank you. I needed that," I mumbled, pulling my shirt back down.

"Do you want these?" Denise asked, pictures being printed out.

"You can do that?" I inquired.

"As long as there is electricity, yes." She answered.

"Please." I replied.

-

"So you're pregnant?" Carl asked.

I slowly nodded, sitting down across from him.

"You're gonna be okay, right?" He inquired.

"Yeah." I replied.

"So it's going to be my little sister or brother?" He asked.

"Um, yeah." I mumbled.

Carl stayed quiet before looking down at the ground.

"Hey, I want you to know that you do not have to think of me as your mom, nor does Judith. I love you both just like my own, but I don't want you to want to feel obligated to." I replied.

"So are you like my step-mom?" Carl asked.

"Kinda, but Rick and I aren't married." I replied.

"You don't have to be anymore." He replied.

"You're okay with it?" I asked.

"I think of you as my second mom, and it's kinda cool." He stated.

I smiled, standing up and hugging him.

"I think it would be okay for Judith to think of you as her mom, too." He replied.

"I want her to grow up knowing who her real mom is, and knowing everything about her." I replied.

____________

I hope y'all aren't mad that Sam's pregnant.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and I figured now was good time as any.

I love u guys so much that I DOUBLE UPDATED YAY