Act 15: Letting go of the past

Saeko:
Since Kohta and Saya decided to run off to take down a hive I decided I should do the same. Saya's old man said that for safety we shouldn't go alone and by elimination I ended up with Rei. We've had a bit of animosity growing between us and it's been over Takashi. It's actually really funny. Rei had her chance but decided to go with another man but he's dead now so she's lonely and crawling back to Takashi. I've seen her attempts and how she tries to get the two of them alone together but I don't care because I already made my claim on him. She could try all she wants but Takashi is mine. The hive we decided to take was about 10 miles away which wasn't a long trip on foot. We arrived in minutes and stood side by side in front of the building.
"Saeko can I talk to you about something?"
"What?"
"It's about Takashi."
"No"
I didn't want to talk about that because I could tell she was going to say something that would make me want to consume her. I simply walked through the front the door of th building. It was uglier on the inside than it was outside.
"Let's make this quick."
I drew my sword as monsters that were just born wobbled over to mee getting the hang of there new legs. It was almost cute so I decided to cut them down from there. I let them squirm a little bit before I strike their head for the finishing blow. To put it shortly I was enjoying myself. Rei seemed to be doing good on her own. Anything that got to close got sliced up with claws or punched so hard their body exploded.
"Saeko seriously can we just talk for a second?"
"We are kinda in the middle of a fight here."
A monster attacked me as I turned to answer her back but I back flipped over it and sliced it in half.
"Fine then I'll end this fight quicker."
Rei changed weapons to her stone fists and with her enhanced abilities she jumped full force at a wall. She pulled her arm back and punched the wall so hard that she bounced off unto another and she shattered the wall. The hive was down in nothing more than a few minutes.
"Fine what do you want to talk about?"
"You and Takashi. You two are together aren't you?"
"If we are?"
"I'm sorry."
That was a suprise. I wasn't expecting an apology from her.
"What for?"
"After I lost my boyfriend at the start of all this I looked to Takashi for comfort. Maybe I thought we could start over and we could be happy together but when I saw the two of you, especially when you arrived at the estate together after our split up, I knew I was out of luck. I had my chance when he told me that he liked me and it's time I backed off."
"That's really sweet of you Rei."
She picked her head up and fave a big smile but I know saying all that had to burn like hell's fire so I gave her a hug to try and ease the pain. I could feel a few of her tears run down my back but I pretended like they weren't there.

Takashi:
When it came to the teams for hive burning I got stuck with the bug man himself. Actually it was more like I asked if I could work with him. Our hive was almost at the dead center of the city and we had to fight through a few dozen monsters to get there. It helped for a power boost because I managed to earn my self a set of stone fist. Anything to help me kill these things faster will help so I had a smile on my face.
"We're here."
We stood in front of the hive building and it seemed to be pretty active.
"Ready to go Takashi?"
"Bring it on I guess."
I wasn't to confident in myself but I decided to just roll with it as we walked into the hive. We actually interrupted the whole monster creation process which was pretty revealing. They gathered up zombies and would throw them into those red blobs sticking everywhere almost like a blender and the end result was another stone handed freak with no brain. That actually explains why there hasn't been a lot of zombies to deal with lately. It's mostly been these things and yo be honest I preferred the zombies. So I think it's time we slowed down the whole monster mash process.
"So what's the plan Dante?"
"Fight, consume, then demolition?"
"Good enough."
As I looked at all the hungry beasts staring around us I could count about 20 or 30 with the pace at which there being made.
"We gotta take down the big blobs otherwise we'll end up a whole lot more outnumbered than desired."
"I'm on it."
Takashi dived straight into action running at top speed towards the horde and with a large amount of forced he jumped over them. He morphed his hands into claws and balled up like he was getting ready to do a cannonball. If you add a little spin then you have bowling ball of death that could rip anything to shreds like that gross morphing pod that he landed in. I wasn't going to let him get ahead of me so I decided to get cracking. For some reason though all the beasts worked hard in blocking me and trying to keep me from reaching the pods. What was it that they specifically don't want me to see. If I was going to find out I was going to need to really tear these things apart so I decided to go with claws as well. I dove straight into the whole horde slicing them left and right. I had gotten strong enough that I was able to grab one of the big stone guys buy his legs and swing him into the others. It was like bowling which I sucked at but when your life is on the line you get better it seems. I managed to make a clear opening for one of the pods and I didn't waste it. I ran as fast as I could and I stood in front of the pod in seconds.
"Time to find out what's in here."
I jammed my fist into the red ball of flesh in guts and I consumed it. The next thing I know I'm almost hearing a voice. No, not a voice, it was more like a code. That code was telling me one thing, create more and send them to destroy. The noise kept ringing in my head like a headache and I wanted it gone but it wouldn't go away. I was so angry and aggravated that I screamed in pain and went berserk. I turned back to all of the creatures and went into into a frenzy of cutting off heads and feeding off there bodies. There were still pods that were making more and Takashi continued to cut them apart one by one but I just kept killing and eating more and more. It finally got to a point where I felt something strange occurring to my body. My arms changed back go normal but I didn't want them to so why did they? I didn't have time to figure it out because a sharp pain shot through my right arm. It was so bad that I fell to my knees clutching it. My arm shook rapidly as if it was going to explode and I was convinced it would but then it shifted into something else, a long and huge silver blade that grew along my arm. By the time the pain subsided the pods were all dead but there were still a few monsters remaining and now I had a new weapon to test out. It only took a few swings. The blade was so sharp and deadly that I was killing 3 at a time with one cut. When they were all dead I changed my arm back to normal.
"That's a cool new power you got."
"Thanks."
The noise came back in my head causing me to collapse in pain but I felt something different this time. It was like something I missed the first time. It felt like I was being drawn towards something, maybe a core or the source of all this.
"Shido!"
"He's here?"
"No, no he's not. I consumed one of those pods and there all connected to him."
"Meaning?"
"I can find him."