Chapter 44 - Cruel Fate

I woke up this morning feeling so happy. It honestly was the first morning I've woken up here in a truly good mood. I turned to my right, and frowned a little when I didn't see Dimitri there. He probably got up early before me.

I sat up and stretched my arms before deciding to jump out of bed. I went to the bathroom and changed out of my night clothes. I then checked the time and noticed that breakfast was going to be served in a few minutes, so I decided to get Thomas and go downstairs.

"Izzie I'm tired." Thomas complained rubbing his eyes as I woke him up.

"Breakfast is served in a few minutes, Thomas. You can go back to sleep afterwards if you want." I said, helping him up. He obliged nodding his head.

We walked downstairs to find everyone already eating. I helped Thomas to his seat before sitting down in mine. Dimitri wasn't here yet which I was surprised about since he was usually always here on time for breakfast.

I talked to Pam and Thomas throughout breakfast, but my mind kept wandering to why Dimitri still wasn't here. Did he eat breakfast early? Was he busy with his Kingly duties? He probably was busy, I concluded.

I took Thomas back to his room after breakfast, because he really wanted to go back to sleep. Once he was asleep, I decided to go and look for Dimitri.

"Stark, have you seen Dimitri anywhere?" I asked Stark, hoping he'd know something about Dimitri's whereabouts.

"He's probably in his office." He replied monotonously before walking off.

"Thanks." I said before I made my way over to Dimitri's office. I felt kinda stupid for not checking here first. I mean obviously he'd be here if he was busy doing work or whatever it is that he has to do. I mean, I don't imagine being a King easy, there has to be quite a lot for him to do.

Once I reached his office, I found his door open and I looked inside to see him sitting at his desk, frowning down at the papers in front of him. He looked kind of angry as he sat there reading something. "Dimitri." I said softly, causing him to look up. He stared at me for two seconds before glaring down at his papers again.

"Leave." He demanded sounding harsh. I was very surprised at his tone.

"Dimitri, are you okay?" I asked concerned, as I took a few steps inside his office.

"Isabella, just fucking leave!" He growled out in anger, crushing the paper he was holding in his hand. I was really taken aback by how angry he seemed to be.

I simply raised my hands up in surrender before turning around around to leave. I wasn't leaving because he told me to. Instead, I left to go get him some breakfast because an empty stomach tends to make a person even more annoyed and angry then they'd usually be. At least I know that's the case with me. If I'm hungry, I turn into a monster basically. So I'm assuming that he didn't have any breakfast.

I went down to the kitchen, put some waffles onto a plate. I then grabbed a bottle of maple syrup. I put everything on a tray, with a glass of milk and started carrying the tray upstairs. As I walked upstairs, I wondered where demons got their food from. Did they just take it from earth? Or could they actually grow all the same types of plants in Rovana?

Once I reached Dimitri's office again, I walked inside and set the tray down in front of him. He looked up at me with the most murderous glare I've ever seen him give anyone.
"Did you not fucking hear what I said?" He spoke in a low, dangerous voice.