ten • brendon urie turns out to be the god of good vocals

Ghoul looked back at the redhead behind him, immediately trying to clean his face up. Party didn't need to see him like this; in fact, nobody did. He wanted to go down and get a drink, make some sense of his own head. However, he knew everyone he asked would say no. Maybe he'd be able to convince Brendon later, or just take his beer.

"It's okay... It's okay..."

Ghoul turned to Party, burying his face in his shirt and just sitting in silence, knowing it didn't really matter as much. The redhead wouldn't judge, the younger knew that, but he also knew that there was a part of Party that truly cared for him; in whatever way that happened to be he cared. It wasn't something Frank was used to, if he was honest, because not many people really did care about him- if anybody truly did, at least, Ghoul was not aware.

But nonetheless, Party Poison did in fact care about Fun Ghoul.

And perhaps the younger's reaction was stranger still, because he did also in fact care for the redhead. With every ounce of his being, he wanted to tell him everything that had happened and let him know what Ray had said in his dreams and, and, and... but he didn't. Because Ghoul knew he was a dead man in the end, which is a lot on your shoulders anyways; but to know at sixteen, almost seventeen now, years old, Frank knew one of the many times and occasions he could die of and on. Nobody really wants that knowledge anyways, but especially not a teenager. And yet, he couldn't complain too much because he had asked.

So his words of "I love you" quite randomly out of the blue were a shock to the redhead.
Party Poison's hesitant response of "I love you too" felt like the best and worst thing he'd ever said. He finally admitted it, yeah, but he was pretty much three or four years older than Ghoul depending on how technical he wanted to be.

The redhead, however, spoke before Ghoul could bring himself to respond. "It's October. What do you want for your birthday?"

His strategy of getting Ghoul to forget what was making him originally so worked up was working to some extent, as when Gerard sat down across from him, he shot a comforting smile towards the younger.

"I...don't know."

"Come on, there has to be something. New books? I could take you to get a tattoo... What about comics?"

Frank shot Gerard the smallest, faintest of smiles as he rubbed his eyes. "That does sound kinda nice," he admitted.

"Okay, we'll do all three."

"Please don't."

"Shut up, it's your birthday. I'm doing whatever I want for you."

Ghoul managed to laugh quietly. He knew he couldn't tell Party 'no' without either being sassed or hurting his feelings in this situation. Plus, he really did want a new tattoo.

"Alright, fine. Whatever." Though his voice was monotone, the slight smirk that played on his lips was furthermore unable to vanish at will.

"Hey, Andy-er, Novocaine wants to play with us. You up for it? Your guitar is around here somewhere..." Party looked around, opening up several drawers and doors until he found the guitar in the closet.

"I...er, okay."

"We aren't preforming. Not ever again. Not without Ray."

"Listen, about Ray..." Ghoul stopped himself when he saw the visible hurt in Party's eyes. He knew that Jet Star wasn't dead, but he couldn't just say it! "I think maybe we should wait on the forever thing. He wouldn't want us to stop preforming because he's gone, right?"

"I suppose, but-"

"Why don't we play in his memory instead?"

- X -