Chapter 18: Jealousy

"Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused."

- Paolo Coelho

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.....................................

Eleanor Pallos' POV

I was shaking as I drove off. I could still feel his lips on mine and I hate it. The effect he has on me is just too powerful. I was fine the whole time. My insides feels mushy, but thanks God, my control is better now, but damn, he kissed me. That kiss broke all the resolve I've been trying to keep.

Damn, why he has to show up?

What does the fate wants?

I'm good here. I'm doing better and then all of a sudden, the fate has to ruin it.

As I'm driving back home, my mind was filled with my past, how I was a fool back then. How love managed to control my head and actions. I hate to think about it, but now that I saw him again, it all came back to me like a waves. Whacking my sanity.

I'm over him.. I'm over him, for fuck sake!

I didn't realized that my tears are streaming down my cheeks until all I can see was a blurry road. I wipe my tears with my other hand while the other holding the steering wheel.

Two fucking years, and yet this foolish feeling didn't seem to dwindle, not a bit.. It became worst. I felt so weak, though I did tried it hard to keep my cool and my sanity intact. The only thing that's left in me, is my dignity, in which I almost lost two years ago. When I foolishly tried to seduce him that night.

Forget it, Elle. Dammit!

I punch the steering wheel in frustrations.

I saw the condominium building and I just decided to park it in the parking lot at the front, that's should only for the guest or visitor. I'm too lazy to park underground.

I ignored the amber Mclaren sports car that pulled next to my car as I walk quickly to the entrance door. Just as I was about to approach the entrance door, I saw JJ leaning on the wall near the glass. I hoisted my purse on my shoulder and plastered a smile. I don't want him to see me sad.

"Hey," he stood up straight, then walk approaching me. I stop when he got closer to me. His eyes were looking at my face with scrutiny.

"Did you cry?" He asked.

"No!" I responded, all too quickly. His eyebrow quirked and I know he didn't believe me. He steps a bit closer and his hand touch my cheeks. " Your mascara is smeared around your eyes and your cheeks." He said as he wipes my cheeks. Then his thumbs ran under my eyes. to wipe the mascara off.

"Alright." I admit. I can't deny it, can I?"

"Why did you cry, baby doll?" He asked. He always calls me that, because he said, I was his sister now. I filled the emptiness his sister left, and I'm so happy that they treat me like their own blood.

"I was too happy, it's a tears of joy JJ." I chuckled, but it was too fake. JJ frowned and shook his head, unconvinced.

"Really. You sounded so fake, Elle." He tucked his hands in his pockets and stared at me.

"Why are you here by the way?" I asked.

"I thought we could go have dinner, tonight." He replied. It's almost ten to have dinner now.