chapter 29

a/n I'm sorry I'm so late with this .. I have a math exam i have to study for ... lol. 

So please enjoy my blood sweat and tears... 

Chapter 29

Skylar's POV

This can't be ..only my parents and I knew of the little nickname he used to give me ...

Could this be HIM...

Could this be my Derek ?

' Derek?' I asked, still not truly convinced if it's him. The police told me he died together with my parents in a car crash 5 years ago. There was a fire and they weren't able to pull his body out and it exploded together with the car. He can't be here... it's just impossible .. but he's been stuck here for the same amount of time and he knows things no one else knows ... he knows the name of our cave for god's sake!! No one but us knows that.

' it's me Skylar. I've been here all along. ' and after that answer there was only one thing left to do.

He grabbed me and hugged me as good and bad as he could.

This is truly the best day of my life. After 5 years of agony he has returned. My very own brother.

' But how? They said you died in the crash ...' I asked him.

' Well I guess Riley's brother must've pulled me out before rescue services came, and I've been here since then I guess. They haven't really treated me good .. but they did keep me alive ' He squeezed my shoulder tightly .. just the way he would always do it ...

'So, you've been here for 5 years ? How did you survive? It doesn't seem like they're treating you right here.' I asked while crawling closer to him. It's been five years since I saw that cheeky gin of him, since I felt his warmth. If there was one person that could come back from the dead it would be him. And I love him for it. I still know him very good, but I was twelve when he went away ... I don't think he knows me that good. He doesn't know about my school life, my gang life that I devoted to him.

I took over the garage for him. I became the best fighter in town, to honour him. Should I tell him? Would he be proud of me? Or would he be mad at me, for not taking care of myself.

' They gave me enough so I could survive. For some reason they never killed me. Even though it would've been much cheaper and easier to just shoot a bullet through my head. But oddly, they didn't. ' and I'm so happy for it.

' But what puzzles me is why did they keep me here for five years, and then kidnapped you. You had nothing to do with my life aside from the fact that you are my sister. ' he kind of asked me. Shit, now I have two options

1) I lie, and tell him I don't either

2) Or I come clean and tell him everything with the risk of angering him.

My choice is made.

' Look Derek I have to tell you something ... I really hope you won't be mad ...' I questioned.

' Yeah tell me because I'd really like to know. I've been thinking about it from the moment I know it was you.' He told me.

' Well let me start at the beginning... 5 years ago, when Gabe told me-' He cut me off., ' You know Gabe ??' He asked me.

' Yes I do, I'll come to that part later.' I said. ' So Gabe came to tell me about the accident you were in and even though I didn't know him, I let him in. I could see the hurt in his eyes when he told me you and our parents had passed away. During coffee he told me all about who he was and who you really was. I found out you were hiding your gang life for me all along.' I slapped him softly.

'Anyway, after he had left with the promise he would check on me daily, I had other worries. What about me? Would I end up in foster care? I didn't want a new family so when Gab stepped by the next day I told him I didn't want anyone knowing my parents had died. I kept going to school and did as if nothing happened. But I began to have some money trouble. I still had to pay my parents debts and I wanted to keep the garage alive. Those were some major problems. ' I sighed. Those were some pretty hard times.

' I talked about it with Gabe and even though he didn't want it, I entered your footsteps. I started fighting for money to keep the house, and maintain myself. And used my knowledge of cars to keep the garage running. All of this without ruining my school life.

Mom always wanted me to be the good girl, so I kept a façade at school pretending to be good. But after school I turned to fighting and fixing cars. I met four guys who I beat in battle who though I was awesome, and we kind of formed a gang. They helped me out in the garage, helped me train ...yet they never knew my story. I even became involved in some business....

Everything changed when I met Riley Hogget. The devil himself. He wanted me and my gang and everything I had achieved. But I didn't want that of course. We've been in gang wars ever since. I recently beat him in a fight and became the best fighter in town !! ' I screamed lightly.

' He was jealous and turned one of my gang members- Jake against me. He made sure of it that I was knocked out and they brought me here. End of story.'

That was some soup !

' So in spite of everything I did to keep you away from my gang life, you joined in it anyway ?' He kind of screamed, but he couldn't because of his voice.

' I wanted to keep the memory of you alive. Because after a while I couldn't remember the sound of your voice anymore. I guess I was desperate to keep you alive.' I emphasized "you".

I yawned involuntarily. And Derek didn't really answer me...

' Are you mad .?' I asked in a small voice.

' I feel honoured ... but come on. You're tired. Go to sleep ..' He said, his voice clouded with and unknown emotion.

I cuddled up to his side while he pulled me closer and put his head on top of mine.

And even though I wasn't in my house ...

I was home.

a/n I'm already wwriting the next Chapter .. A lot of Connor there ;) 

have you already made up some shipping names ? 

Also I want to dedicate this chapter to my sister ( shes a writer as well so plz go check her out at clinesmet ) 

she's my go to gal ;) 

oh and i'll start dedicating my chapters to dedicated readers, just to thank them because you know, you still keep up with me and my lameness. 

ALSO I AM VERY SAD 

because I made a contest with some covers and I only got 3 people sending me something ... 

thank you very much for all your efforts and from the moment im changin my cover it will be in one of those. 

tell me, do you like my book  ? 

what can i do better ? 

xx Axellesmet