Chapter 34

-

"What's wrong?" I asked, Denise freaking out.

"Something's not right." She mumbled, running around the bedroom.

"His vitals are indicating something's happening inside of his body. His blood pressure is extremely high, he's in a lot of pain." She added.

I looked to Rick who was already passed out, and I began having an anxiety attack.

"Can't you fix it?" I asked.

"It's not that easy!" She replied.

-

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked Rick as I walked into the bedroom.

He got worse, so much worse, and we still don't know what happened.

"Just come here." He replied.

I lied down next to him, his arm going around me once I put my head on his chest.

"If anything happens, I want you to be the leader of this group." He mumbled.

"Stop talking like that. Nothing's going to happen to you." I replied.

"I know something's wrong. I already told Daryl to watch after you. He'll make sure nothin' will happen to you." He continued.

"Rick, shut up." I ordered, raising up on my elbow.

"I love you." He replied.

"I love you, but stop talking like that. You're going to be okay." I replied.

"I think I figured it out. He's got an infection somewhere." Denise declared, checking Rick's temperature.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"We check all of his wounds and go from there." She replied.

She unwrapped all of the bandages, and found that the infection was where the cut was on his forehead.

"We need antibiotics immediately. He took the last one this morning, but I need one in an IV." She stated.

"We don't have any?" I asked.

"No." She mumbled.

"Where can we get the antibiotics?" I inquired.

"There's a hospital, around three hours away. They should still be good." Denise answered.

"Okay, I'll go get it." I replied.

"No." Rick replied.

"Yes. I'll get Daryl to go with me." I replied.

"We need them as soon as possible. Think you can get back here in two days?" Denise interrogated.

"I'll get back here in eight hours." I replied, strapping a holster around my thigh and gathering ammo.

"Okay, good." She replied.

"Hang in there, okay? I'll get back as soon as I can." I told Rick before bending over and pressing my lips to his.

He nodded, the life leaving his perfect blue eyes.

"I love you." I added.

"I love you." He replied.

_

"Is this it?" Daryl asked, stopping the truck.

I looked up, the building in front of us indeed the one Denise told us about.

Daryl picked the lock on the door before kicking it open.

"Do you think he's gonna be okay?" I asked, immediately scanning the aisles for the antibiotics Denise sent us for.

"Yeah." Daryl replied.

"What if the medicine doesn't help?" I asked.

"It will. Stop askin' so many damn questions." He replied.

"I only asked two, chill your dick." I snapped.

"Where'd ye learn that one? Abraham?" He inquired.

"No, I actually thought of it myself." I replied.

I walked into a different aisle, still not finding the medicine.

-

"What happened? Why are you bleeding? You shouldn't have went." Maggie rambled, opening the door to the house.

"How is he?" Daryl asked.

"He's the same." She replied.

I ran upstairs and into the bedroom, finding Rick laying down on the bed.

"Why are you bleeding?" Rick asked.

"We kinda got swarmed with walkers. We're okay, though." I replied, handing Denise the bag of medicine.

"It looks like you took a bath in blood." Maggie replied, scrunching her nose.

I nodded, agreeing with her.

-

"I don't know what's wrong!" Denise yelled.

"You said it would work!" I screamed.

"Sam, calm down!" Maggie exclaimed.

"I'm not going to calm down until he's better. He's dying and you're not doing a damn thing to help!" I yelled at Denise before storming out of the room.

"What's wrong? Why won't he wake up?" Carl asked, his eyes glossy.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

-

"I'm taking the infection out." Denise mumbled.

"Is it working?" Maggie asked.

"It should." Denise answered.

"I'm sorry for almost hitting you. I'm just really stressed out and I want him to be better." I replied.

"It's okay. I understand." She replied.

"Will he wake up soon?" I inquired.

"It could be any time. Today, tomorrow, a month from now," She answered.

"So he's in a coma again? How does that happen?" Maggie interrogated.

_________________

GUYS GO FOLLOW ME ON INSTA IF U HAVE IT: thedeadstagram

I FOLLOW BACK

and omg yesterday my phone charger wouldn't work and my phone died so I had to buy a new charger this morning lmao

I LOVE YA