Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT!! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK! VOTE/FAN IF YOU LIKE. HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Jordan's POV

My long sleep made me feel great. Normally I would have to wake up early in the morning and get ready and go to work but today there was no work because today was my...

"Happy birthday, son." Said my dad and I sat up on my bed and dad patted my back.

So as I was saying, today is my birthday and I am now twenty two.

"Hey, dad." I yawned. "Whats for breakfast?" I asked.

"Toast." He said. "Just kidding. Its your big day. Liane made your favourite." Liane was the chef in the house, she makes the best food.

"Pancakes and syrup?"

"And ice-cream. Chocolate and vanilla flavour." He added.

Dad was the best. He knows me so well. Probably because he's my dad. Dad gave me a little box. It was wrapped in blue wrapping paper and on the note, it said,

Dear Jordan,

I have a surprise for you inside. I got it from my travels. Sorry, but I don't know if I will come today to see you. Busy as always. I know it's been a long time but I promise to come soon.

Lots of love, from you busy mother. XXX

Mum. She never ever comes on time for anything. Its been so long since I have seen her, i'm beginning to forget how she looks like and the sound of her voice. The day she went traveling, dad and her had a fight, well argument, and it worries me that she is not coming back. Its great that she is writing letters but its just not the same as talking to her through the phone or in person. I wish she would come. I wouldn't be surprised if she never came to my wedding.

I unwrapped the wrapping paper and looked inside. It was a silver watch. A IWC Grande Complication. I remember writing to her when I was little, asking her for one. And now she had given it to me. The first time I set my eyes on it was when I saw grandpa's one. He got it when he was young. I'm guessing this was his. He never wore it. He just kept it there on display. And now it was mine. Grandpa died just last year. It was really upsetting, since we were so close.

On the watch, the was another note. It said,

Jordan,

You have grown, I heard from your mother. I will be telling you that I have been diagnosed with cancer. I wanted to give you this for you next birthday and now its yours.

From you Grandpa Matt

I put the watch on and it fit perfectly. Now, what did dad get me?

"So dad, what about you?" I asked, like I didn't really care.

"Nothing much about me." He said.

"Oh." I said, disappointed, not that I wanted anything anyway.

 I went into the bathroom and had a bath for about an hour and I felt fresh, clean and relaxed. After that I wore my new jeans and a shirt, that I, I mean dad bought a week ago. I don't like shopping so dad goes shopping for me and also i'm lucky I have a dad with good taste in clothes. If he didn't, i'd be like those freaks who wear overalls.

I saw the plumber, I mean James. Abbey is seriously poisining my mind and ruining my life. I tried to forget about her but for some reason her face was stuck inside my head. My head was going to explode if this horrible picture doesnt go.