Chapter 24

- Perrie -

"Mila, what the hell!"

The brunette let out an obnoxious laugh as she scrolled through the part of her phone gallery where she, apparently, had pictures of me from middle school. Mind you, my reputation then was nothing compared to mine now. The pictures involved me with two braids and glasses bigger than anyone's future.

We were in her apartment hanging out, basically what we've been doing all weekend. She just came back from school which actually got me thinking; when was I going to go back to school? I want to, I really do. But I can't really know what to expect when or if I do. I don't want people to have pity on me because of what happened, but at the same time I don't want people to act as if nothing happened.

I initially thought I'd be alright, as long as I had Jade with me.

But that's not going to happen anytime soon, is it?

"Mila?"

She just hummed in response as she still had her eyes on the small screen in front of her.

"Did, uh.. did J-Jade say anything about me?" my voice came out rather uncertain and full off insecurity.

She immediately switch her gaze from her phone to me. I immediately turned away, not wanting her to read me through my expressions. She somehow always do that and I don't feel like telling her I technically cheated on my girlfriend.

"No, we don't really talk that much. Why?"

I let out a subtle sigh. Of course. It totally slipped my mind that those two had a history.

I shook my head to tell her it was nothing. But obviously, even a no brainer would know it's nowhere near 'nothing' in this situation. "You can tell me, you know?"

"I know. It's just a stupid fight" I waved it off and she seemed to believe me. Thankfully.

"Oh, and no pressure Pez. But Mdm Vogue said it's best you come back to school as soon as possible. She understands your situation but you're just missing out a lot"

Another sigh left my lips as I heard what was being said to me. Half of me agreed while the other half wanted to stay home for the rest of my life. But I know I had to go back soon.

"Will you be by my side when l do?"

She looked surprised by my question and I don't blame her for it. Despite all the catching up we did, there's still a lot I haven't told her. Like the situation right now with Jade. She nodded and gave me a smile nonetheless. Thank god she didn't question anything.

"I'll go back to school tomorrow" I said hesitantly and softly.

"Are you sure? I mean you can start next week or something. No rush"

"Yeah I'm sure. I'm missing out on a lot"

She mumbled an 'okay' before giving me a hug, which was surprising but I reciprocated anyway.

- next morning -

The annoying sound of my alarm clock that I haven't heard in a while woke me up from my slumber. I immediately shot up and switched it off. For some reason, I was a teeny bit excited. I mean yeah, I'm nervous as fucking hell but still excited after not attending for a while.

I charged my phone before going to the bathroom for my morning routine. After that's done, I went downstairs to see that mum had already left for work. Typical. Having her home was no different than having her on outstation. I sighed as I prepared some cereal for breakfast. I sat down on the counter as I ate breakfast and completely zoned out.