Chapter 23

(Eva's POV)

2 days later.....

We packed everything up yesterday and today we're finally moving into the pack house. I still can't believe everything that's happened. We're wolves.

My brothers and I are giant dogs. My dad is the leader of other giant dogs, and Nate is to take over soon. Danny and Alex are suppose to help and me.... I'm just here.

But my other half who I'm suppose to be with forever and ever but doesn't want me is also an Alpha. So I guess that's a bonus. right?

Shaking my head of all thought I zip up my last bag and look around my room that I've known my whole life. I'm really going to miss this place. So many memories.

I hear foot steps and just by smelling I know who it is.

Knock... Knock... Knock..

"You may enter." I said not even bothering to turn around.

"You may enter? What are you dad?" Alex says and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"No. But we have to be presentable remember? Manners and everything." I turned to my well dressed brother. Alex wore a suit and tie and his hair was slicked back. Not bad.

"Well don't you look handsome." I crossed my arms and gave him a raised eyebrow.

"Yea well, this monkey suit won't be on forever. Dads making me wear it, says its to impress my mate." He says rolling his eyes.

My heart aches at the thought of Braxton. Here I am wanting mines to accept me and Alex doesn't even want one.

"Be happy Alex. Some people actually want love. To be someone's everything and knowing they'll never hurt you sounds amazing." I said Turning around so he doesn't see the hurt in my eyes.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see a sad puppy known as Alex. It's the eyes. They're
Killing me.

"I'm sorry Eve, It's just I don't know if I know how to be a mate. What if I screw up? I'm kind of scared to try and then get rejected." He says lowering his voice.

I hug my brother and we stay like that for awhile. Nate has always been my favorite brother but Alex is a dead 2nd.

"I'm sorry. It's just one day you guys are all going to have kids, a mate, a family and everything. Where will I be? You guys are already top ranks and I'm not. I'm just a mate to an Alpha who doesn't want me. Who wouldn't want to be your guises mate? You guys would get your happily ever after because you guys are all amazing and your mates would be lucky to have you. What..... What if... What if Braxton doesn't want that? Where's my happily ever after Alex?"

I feel a lump in my throat thinking about my own mate not wanting me. I burry myself in Alex shirt to stop me from crying.

"Braxton would be an idiot not to accept you. No matter what happens between you guys you'll always have Me, Nate and Danny. And dad.... Kinda."

We both start to laugh at that knowing perfectly well he can hear us.

"Cmon. Dad sent me to come get you. The Limos here. It's time to go home." Alex lets me go and I nod at him.