Chapter 1.11 (The mysterious Christmas gift)

(Chloe Grace Moretz as Selena Narcissa Lupin.)

Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on. -Livelifehappy.com

Yes, I realise I'm not really updating often...I'm under major stress right now. I'm graduating next year but it feels like I'm graduating now. Anyway...that's why I wanted to ask: Is anyone even reading this story? Because if not I'll just finish this book but I won't continue with second year. I know this book is quite boring but I've planned out this storyline which involves all seven years but I'm not going to bother if no one's going to read it anyway. So I have about nine or ten chapters left on this book. Which I will upload as soon as I have time to get rid off all the plotholes and grammar mistakes. So it might take me awhile but please tell me if I should continue.
♡♡♡♡

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
December 20 1991

When they left the dungeons at the end of Potions, they found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it. "Hi Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Came Draco's cold drawl from behind them. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose...that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to."

"Draco..." Artemis sighed as Ron dived on him.

Of course, that had to be the moment Snape came up the stairs. "WEASLEY!" Ron let go of the front of Malfoy's robes.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape." Said Hagrid, sticking his huge hairy face out from behind the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family."

"Be as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid." Said Snape silkily. "Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you." Draco, Crabbe and Goyle pushed roughly past the tree, scattering needles everywhere and smirking.

"I'll get him." Said Ron, grinding his teeth. "One of these days, I'll get him..."

"I hate them both." Said Harry, "Malfoy and Snape."

"Come on, cheer up, it's nearly Christmas." Said Hagrid. "Tell yeh what, come with me an' see the Great Hall, looks a treat." So the four of them followed Hagrid and his tree off to the Great Hall, where Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were busy with the Christmas decorations. "Ah, Hagrid, the last tree...put it in the far corner, would you?"

The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles.

"How many days you got left until yer holidays?" Hagrid asked.

"Just one." Hermione said. "And that reminds me...Ara, Harry, Ron, we've got half an hour before lunch, we should be in the library."

"Oh yeah, you're right." Said Ron, tearing his eyes away from Professor Flitwick, who had golden bubbles blossoming out of his wand and was trailing them over the branches of the new tree.

"The library?" Asked Hagrid, following them out of the hall. "Just before the holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?"

"Oh, we're not working." Harry told him brightly. "Ever since you mentioned Nicholas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is."