Chapter 6: Boys will be boys

It has been about a whole day since my alcohol incident. I vowed to never go to a high school party, at least without my antihistamines and my EpiPen. Running my fingers through my hair, I stared at the black 38' inch plasma television hanging on my wall.

It's the weekend, meaning no Alex since it's his day off. Now that I think about it, I never really asked him to do anything for me yet. I should really take advantage of this situation; I mean it's not every day that you get the campus crush to do everything you want with a mere beck or call.

Slipping into my light brown Minnetonka boots, I padded to the kitchen. "Clemence, have you seen Miles?" I asked as she pulled out what seemed to be a freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from the oven.

"He's watering the garden out back," She replied with a simper. "Would you like some cookies?" She offered.

"I'll take some with me when I leave." With that I left through the backdoor and circled around to find Miles bent over a bush of roses.

"Miles," I called out with an innocent smile.

"Yes miss?" He stopped watering to face me.

"Can I borrow the Cayman?" I begged with my eyes.

"It is but of course yours miss." He replied confused.

"No, I mean can I drive it around? Alone?" I practically begged.

"But you aren't at the legal age yet. I am designated to drive you wherever you wish to go until you turn eighteen." He stated as calmly as possible.

I approached him. "Please Miles? Just this once! I promise to be careful. Plus I'm already 17, trust me." Miles gave me his thinking face. Don't ask me how I know he has his thinking face on when Miles barely expresses any of his emotions.

"I guess I could let it slip just this on-" I didn't let him finish his sentence, I just enveloped him into a tight hug and squealed a series of multiple thank yous in a high pitched tone. I pulled away.

"But," He paused. "You have to promise me that you will be extra, extra careful. We don't need another visit to the hospital any time soon okay? And you have to come back at three, understood?" I vigorously nodded my head before skipping back into the house.

"Clemence, could you-"

"Already done." She handed me an air sealed container. "Here you go. Now go have some fun like a normal teenager." Her French accent heavy as she pronounced every word of encouragement.

"I can't have fun like a normal teenager; you ought to know that by now." I replied, excitedly before grabbing the cookies and heading out to the garage. My red wine Cayman Porsche was my sweet sixteenth birthday gift but apparently, I can't drive it; not because of the Law of California but the law of the Everhart couple - meaning my parents. I mean what's the point of buying me a perfectly awesome car if I can't drive it. Maybe it's their new method of torture.

I pulled out of the driveway and out the gates. A pop song was blasting on my stereo. I sang along loudly to Ariana and Mika; my voice shamefully cracking at the high notes. Fifteen minutes later, I arrived at my destination. Ste's Autoshop hung in yellow and red letters above the garage. I parked in the free lot inside the garage and got out.

It was empty. So I leaned against my hood, arms crossed and waited for someone. A few minutes in, a guy with dirty blonde hair emerged from the door that had a sign reading authorized personnel only. I recognized him as Alex's right hand man. He beamed at me.

"Hello," he bared those pearly white teeth. Very charming, now I understand why he's Alex bestfriend - they're almost alike.

"Hi," I replied, giving him a halfhearted smile. I couldn't help but compare him to Alex. No doubt that he's more attractive than him with his perfect build, those warm grey eyes, and his head that had perfect brown hair. Sigh, no wonder girls fall to his feet in an instant.