Chapter 2

I never liked shopping. Especially when I have no money but Elena dragged me out with her to buy me an outfit for when she graduates. Also, I think she wanted to get away before Damon and Stefan came home from wherever they were. We went into a load of shops but I didn't really like any of the outfits Elena chose for me.

"Oh well. I'll just wear one of your dresses. We're the same size." I told her. She wore a strange look on her face today. "Hey, what's wrong? I thought you'd be happy I'm even here."

"I am." She fake smiled. I frowned.

"No...you're not. I thought your emotions were back?" I asked suddenly worried for her.

"They are. I just don't wanna let too much in ya know?" She said picking up a white dress. "What about this one?"

"Why not?" I questioned her, "and ew that's terrible!"

"Because Maddy, if I let too much in I will feel every bad feeling all over again and I can't risk that. Not until Katherine is dead." Her face stayed the same and she put the dress back.

"Elena don't you think you're taking this a little too hard?" I frowned. She was actually like a spoilt child that wouldn't be nice until she gets what she wants.

"That's easy for you to say! You can still see him!" She shouted and stormed out the shop. I hadn't thought of that. I could also see ghosts like Jer, probably a twin thing.

"Elena, wait...I'm sorry." I ran after her, "don't you think if I could still see him I would of by now?"

"I guess." She weakly smiled. I could tell how much this broke her heart. He was closest thing she had to family. I was hardly ever around since they sent me to Denver. "But it changed nothing. I'm not going to start feeling the guilt again. Caroline's already tried to make me apologise."

"Apologise for what?" What would she do to Caroline? They are best friends.

"I said some pretty bad things..." She stood thinking for a moment. "I know what you're doing. You're trying to make me feel. Stop!"

Elena's phone rang then before I could say anything. "It's Damon." She answered it. "Why? - okay- we'll be there soon - Maddison- oh shut up Damon."

"What did HE want?" I asked. Me and Damon never really liked each other.

"He wants us at the school." She grabbed the car keys and we drove to the school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got there it was getting dark and Damon was standing cross armed tapping his foot.

"You two really take your time don't you!" He moaned and lead is in.

"Nice to see you too Damon." I said sarcastically and followed him and Elena into the school.

"So...have you stopped your crazy obsession over Katherine yet?" Damon asked Elena and she rolled her eyes. "I'm serious, Elena."

"Damon, she killed my brother." She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. "Why are we here anyway?"

"Bon Bon's doing the expression triangle here...I've come to stop her." He smiled and done that eye thing.

"Why are we stopping her?" I asked. I didn't even know what an expression triangle was but oh well.

"Because when she opens the veil to the otherside every single supernatural creature will be free to roam the earth." He raised an eyebrow, "you don't want that...do you?"

I hesitated then shook my head. "You'd have your drinking buddy back. We'd have our brother back." I looked at Elena, "it can't be that bad."

"Yeah, except Kol would be free to come and kill your sister..." Damon told me, "so choose, Jeremy or Elena?"

"That's not fair!" I frowned and he smirked.

"Don't worry. I've already chose." He lead us into the corridor. "Oh, and before anyone does anything stupid. Katherine is with Bonne so if you try to get to her she'll probably kill our friendly little witch."

Elena's face lit up. "Elena, don't even think about it." I warned.

Before I could do anything Elena staked Damon in the back then grabbed my head and smashed it against a locker.

(SORRY IT WAS SHORT, THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. Thanks. X )