Chapter 3

I slowly opened my eyes and my hand flew toward my head. When I pulled it back there was blood on it. "Oh crap." I mumbled to myself.

"Maddy? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice said. I sat up and saw Alaric standing next to Damon near a locker with a bottle of booze in his hand.

"Ric?" My eyes focused and I tried to stand up. Ric ran to my side and help me. "I thought I'd never see you again." Tears filled my eyes but I blinked them back.

"Oh your head is bleeding." He studied it then but into his wrist and held it to my mouth.

"Woah" I said and leaned back, "since when are you all vampish?" I asked.

"Long story." He said. "Want it or not?" He nodded toward the blood on his wrist.

"Not really." I slipped out of his grip and looked at Damon. "What a bitch!"

He knew I was talking about Elena, "tell me about it." He shrugged. I laughed and then Alaric smiled.

"See, I knew you two could get along!" He joking punched our arms and laughed.

"What?" I looked at him, "me and Damon? No way!" I joked. Well half joked.

We all stood in silence for a second but luckily Damon's phone rings so he goes of to answer it. "So how have you been?" Alaric asks breaking the silence.

"I've been good. Denver's got boring though." I shrug. I was about to ask how he's been but then I realised he was dead.

"I tried to get through you know." He told me. He continued after he saw my confused look. "You know...because you see ghosts."

"Oh. That hasn't been working." I admitted. I had no idea why.

"Strange-" he stared but Damon cut him off.

"That was Matt he said Caroline's with him." He said walking toward us.

"And why did we need to know that?" I asked. Bit random with to call and tell us.

"Because Stefan is supposed to be with Caroline." He crossed his arms. "Which means Silas is with him!"

"Oh crap." I mumbled. I haven't been here but I still knew everything that had happened as they have been keeping my up to date.

"Also..." Damon carried on, "Kol is on the way to kill Elena."

"You two go save Elena." I say and walk away.

"Why? Where are you going?" Alaric asked suspiciously.

"I've got to do something. You guys go." I said and waved them off, "I'll be fine. I promise."

They agree'd and ran off to find Elena. I took the chance to take a walk. I knew about everything that was going on but it was really overwhelming when it was in front of you. Somehow I found myself at Jeremy's grave.

"It had to be you didn't it?" I said to Jer's tombstone. "They had to come and bring you back here. I told them not to. I could of been the one they brought back. Then you would still be here."

It's stupid that I blame myself but I should of fought harder for him to stay in Denver. Where he was safe. Apart from Kol being there but I could have dealt with him!

I was alone. No one else was here. I cried. I cried so hard. All the memories, he became such a great person. He went from a teenage druggy with no care about life to an amazing man who was a hero. "Jer, I just want you back!"

"Well well, how sweet." The bitter British accent came from behind me and I stood up.

"Kol." I breathed once I turned round.

"I did want to kill Jeremy but Katherine got to him first. Then I considered killing Elena but now you're here...so that would be just as good." He smiled innocently.

I turned to run but I only got about three steps before I was knocked into a tree. I felt my arm dislocate and I screamed. "I will cherish this moment. The moment I kill you." Kol laughed and kicked me in the stomach.

"Please." I cried holding hand up in surrender. "Stop!"

Kol grabbed the top of my muddy shirt and pulled me up. When I was standing he punched me in the face and I flew to the side...he grabbed my neck before I fell. "Any last words?" He smirked.

"Go to hell!" I spat. This caused him to get even more pissed off and he threw me on the floor near a different tree and walked over slowly.

He towered over me and had is fangs out. His eyes turned dark and red and veins formed under his eyes. I slowly shut my own eyes and waited for Kol to kill me. "How many times do I have to kill you?" A voices came from behind Kol. A manly voice. A familiar voice.

Then before anyone moved or said anything Elena came over and snapped Kol's neck.