Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Two weeks! Two whole weeks have come and gone and we are no closer to escape."

Striker looked at the beautiful yet seething woman before him. Had it truly been two weeks? A frown etched his face. What the fuck was going on with him? He was getting far too comfortable with the situation. "How's that my fault rich girl?" The taunt was thrown out, to win time.

"You told me we wouldn't be here for long. As long as I." Hope stopped talking log enough to shoot him a glare. "As long as I kept my trap shut. Wasn't that the words you used?" The last bit was said in a sickeningly sweet tone.

Truth be told, Striker was getting damned sick of this job too. Yet it would soon be over. He heard the guys talking last night about the next heist. It would prove to be big enough and lucrative enough to get them the hell out of there. He needed more details before he called the guys and got his ass, as well as Hopes ass; out of there.

Striker walked over to Hope and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "I know this has been hard on you Hope." At the mention of her given name, the females' body lessened its tightness and he felt her melt into his hold. He was such a bastard, this poor kid probably never had to deal with anything so hostel like this in her life. He had to remember to be less of an ass to her. Yet how the hell could he not keep his walls up?

Every night for the past two weeks. He has had to endure lying in bed with a sometimes naked woman and not touch her. It hasn't helped that she has been nothing but a chatterbox and couldn't seem to keep her mouth shut. Striker learned so much about her and wishes he didn't know. It would have been better if his thoughts of her being a frivolous bitch were true.

"I can handle it." Like always, Hopes hackles started to rise in defense of herself. She slapped his hands off her waist and then turned to say something else, yet the door bursting open and stopped her.

"What the fuck Remy. I told you, I'd shoot you on the spot the next time you barged into my room!" Striker screamed as he grabbed the guy by the collar.

Remy just shrugged "First time, I did it cause the guys said I wouldn't. This times, cause Snake needs to talk to all of us." Striker let the man go then turned to Hope. "Bring her along too, he said she needs to do her part. If she aint sharing the pus." The look Striker sent Remy made him rethink his words. "Well hell man. If the bitch aint fucking anyone but you. She needs to work off her stay here in another way."

The confusion on Hopes' face echoed his own. What the hell did snake want her for? Without a word, Striker gripped her arm and they made their way to Snake. He wasn't hard to find as they were all gathered in the largest room of the place.

"Nice of you to finally join us. Now sit your asses down." Striker took the recliner to the left and pulled Hope onto his lap and tried very hard not to look around. There was no mistaking that this was more than just a meeting. They had finally tired of him hiding out with Hope in his room.

"I'm so sorry," were the only words he uttered close to Hopes' ear. The stiffening of her body told Striker that she understood that shit would hit the fan tonight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lub, Dub, Lub, Dub. Hopes heart was pounding so hard she could hear the blood rushing in her ears. Striker had spoken to her many times about the fornication that took place in their group. He assured her that because he had claimed her, they were backing off. Well at least for now. Yet that at some point, they would have to be physical in some way in front of them. She had no clue what that meant, but it seems like she would find out tonight.

Hope was so lost in her thoughts that Striker had to pinch her so she would focus. "That hurt, you brute."

"You better pay attention to what they're saying, rich girl. This might be the key we need to blow this pop stand. Your fucking spacing out can land us into trouble." He was right, that didn't mean she had to like it. So she stuck her nails into his meaty paw.