Chapter 31

I waited for Seojun at the park and I was definitely glad that he came quite immediately.

He sat down beside me on the bench, looking at me with concerned eyes, "Why'd you call me here at this hour? What's wrong?"

I looked down in attempt to hide my tears but he obviously knew that I had been crying, "I think I'm going crazy."

He got confused, and tried to read my expressions, "Where's Taehyung?"

I don't know either.

I gave a deep sigh, combing my hair back and faced Seojun, "I just needed an accompany."

"W-Well," Seojun couldn't hide his puzzled face, "You wanna tell me what happened or...?"

"What do you usually do when you're messed up? What did you do when you got the news that you're infected with such a disease?" I asked him, and he got a little taken aback but thought of how he could answer me.

"I calmed down and told myself everything's gonna be alright," He told me. I pursed my lips and tried to hold back my tears. How I wish it will be alright at that very instant.

"Yah, why are you crying like this? Did something happen between you and Taehyung?" Seojun asked and intently looked at me.

I was hesitant to tell him. "Yes," I answered, "But I hope you don't mind if I don't tell you what's going on. The reason why I called you here is because I need a moral support, and I'll settle everything else by myself."

Seojun nodded, "Knowing you, Hyejin, you're no doubt a fighter and an independent person. Just do whatever you think is right."

I smiled, feeling the courage building within me.

"If you ever need help, I'm here for you," Seojun patted my back to comfort me.

I couldn't help myself but shed a tear as he spoke to me. I did feel a little better, and all it takes left is for me to look for Taehyung, or speak up to his parents.

I talked to Seojun for a little bit, trying to clear my mind off my problems.

"I'm sorry for calling you in the middle of the night," I apologised, feeling guilty.

"Nah it's okay. I wasn't asleep yet anyways. You should get back home and take a break, talk things out with Taehyung or something," Seojun told me.

I wish things were as simple as that.

Seojun walked me home and stopped at the front of the building, "You sure you do not want to tell me what happened?"

I nodded, "Yeah, thanks for the accompany though."

He scratched the back of his head, "Well alright, goodnight."

"Goodnight," I smiled and waved to him, going up to my apartment.

I entered the apartment and it felt colder than ever without Taehyung's presence.

'I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry,' I chanted to myself when I got in bed.I tried so hard to fall asleep but my mind was a mess thinking of where Taehyung could've been.  It was a long night for me, and the bed was getting colder because he wasn't by my side.

Everything should be alright by tomorrow. Or, it could get worse.

***

Knock, knock.

My eyes opened wide the moment I heard someone knocking on the door. Was I hearing right? I jumped off the bed and onto my two feet, rushing outside with my heart beating in anticipation. He must be home!