CHAPTER 11

|| THE PARTY - PART TWO ||

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"So,truth or dare?" Ben asks him.

"Dare." Sam replies in a 'duh' tone.

"I dare you to kiss the most handsome guy you find here." says the brown-haired girl who had spun the bottle.

The group starts hooting and patting her back for the embarrassing dare she has come up with.

"What is my punishment if I refuse to do?" He asks.

This creates a lot of buzzing and people start giving in suggestions but none of it seem punishment-worthy.

"Belly-dancing!" I suddenly exclaim and all eyes land on me.

"Now now, isn't that a brilliant idea?" Joshua who happens to be in my English class pats my back.

"Nice one, V." Smith gives me a side hug.

The ghost of a smile plastered on my face with so much cheering wipes out in a jiffy when my eyes meet his.
His blue eyes hold surprise and after an eternal pause, a smirk develops on his face.

"Well, I wouldn't kiss a guy even if the entire human race is at stake so belly-dancing is the lone choice." He sighs.

He takes a shot of vodka and stands up on a nearby table obviously gathering attention of the people spread about.

All this while, he kept staring at me with a blank look on his face. Since I didn't know him enough to define the way he looked at me, I kept mum and kept staring him back with a mischievous twinkle in my eye.

The music starts which breaks our contact and he throws off his shirt which made all the females in the room drop their jaws to the floor.

Females including me.

I may be out of the 'Sam Ryder fan club' but I wouldn't deny the simply perfect sculpture his body is designed in.

The evident distraction towards his body made me forget that he is up there for a purpose which we are supposedly be judging.

So in case you are curious about his belly dancing skills, let me arrogantly tell you that he sucks. Completely.
And which is why the laughter bubbling inside me passes my control limit and I burst out laughing along with a few other chuckles supporting the fact that belly dancing isn't really his thing.

He stops his attempt and glares at the crowd and then narrow down at me.
He is not used to such embarrassment couldn't get anymore obvious from his heated look.

"Why don't you come up here and show us some moves?" He grits his teeth.

The teasing smile on my face disappears at his remark and a lump forms in my throat. The dance is the secondary thing I worry about. The primary thing is the attention I will invite due to this.

I take a deep breath to calm myself down while the group cheering me is inviting havoc, making me nervous.

"The stage is all yours." Sam gestures towards the table.

I stand up on it, mustering all the confidence I can. No boasting intended, dancing has always been my thing. I close my eyes as the music starts, shutting out everybody whose attention I hadn't been vying.
My body responds to the music just as my mind does and soon enough, the cheers of the people proves that I haven't embarrassed myself.

The music stops which seems abrupt to me maybe because I was too engrossed in proving myself to Sam.

The crowd acknowledges my performance with an applause of appreciation and I bow down thankfully before jumping off the table.
My eyes met his involuntarily and shock was evident from the way his jaw was touching the floor.
Quite naturally, I stride towards him with a smirk of my own.