Chapter II: Escape

*A/N: Hey guys! Arilioness here! I just want to remind you guys that the chapters that have actual chapter titles are Seth's POV, and the other's just have names. So it's easier to keep track, the order of POV is Seth; Scout, Seth, Jason, Seth, Ryker, Seth, Cade. Thanks guys! Enjoy!*

"Yeah, all the kids are in their respective rooms...... yes we've secured the gates..... What!? Why would I do that!..... Whatever, this is the end of my shift anyway........ The next guy will be here in an hour...... Yeah bye." As soon as the clink of boots on metal starts moving in my direction I duck behind a jutting out wall. The guards steps become louder and louder until they stop in front of me. I wait for a moment, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this.

I look up into the eyes of the guard. This particular guard I know. He was the newest addition to the crew that gave out beatings. His first day I was the kid he got to beat. He obviously didn't know what he was doing because he had left far to many scars and I couldn't move for a week. I stand stock still, trying to seem like no threat, but that won't happen. He may be new, but he knows what i'm doing.

"What are you doing up..." he growls. He swings his fist, and I duck, punching his gut. I notice his hand slowly moving towards the taser on his hip. I'm sure he assumes I won't notice. Before he can grab it I leap on his back, covering his eyes with my arms. "WHAT THE HELL! GET OF YOU LITTLE BRAT!" He yells in agony as I dig my nails into his skin. He starts to squirm viciously and I know this can only last so long. I grab the bat attached to his belt and jump off.

The guard stumbles around for a few seconds before he looks at me. I can see the hatred and disgust pouring out of his eyes. I grip the bat tightly and move closer to him. He notices my move and steps back. "Oh no you don't you little fu..." I close my eyes and swing. A huge BONK is made and I open my eyes. "You were saying?"

I clean out his belt and grab all of the stuff in it. A gun, taser, handcuffs, and and alarm control. Perfect. I can use that to set off alarms in the west wing. That will lead the guards that way while I make a run for the garbage truck thing. Plus I get to save the cigar for something else. I go through the stuff one more time, just to make sure I didn't lose anything. Once I finish the guard I just knocked unconscious begins to mumble. I swipe all of my stuff into my arms and begin to dash down the hallway.

As soon as I find a seemingly empty hallway, I start to mess with the alarm system. It's the shape of a box with a touch screen. On it is a map of the facility with each section in color code. I press the west wing and soon it's blinking red on my screen. I hear alarms in the distance and tons of commotion. "Ha, nice one Seth." But I don't have time to waste. I take down the maze of hallways to the garbage room.

I'm not out of shape. The Imperium Society makes sure of that. With the strict diets and workout schedules everyday, it's impossible not to be. Whether you like it or not. But running, that is something I just don't do. I don't know what it is, but it's really hard for me. For example... now.

The hallways around me become a blur of rights and lefts, twists and turns, and dead ends or doorways. My lungs feel like someone set them on fire then froze them over and over again on a never ending cycle. My feet are pounding on the metal floors, to be honest I'm surprised no one's heard it. My legs are numb and I can feel my heart pump blood through my body with each step. At the end of each hallway I hope I will be at the garbage room, yet no. I'm still freaking running.

I begin to give up and slow down when I hear it. That sound. The sound of nothing. I look around, what happened to all of the commotion on the other side of the facility. Then the hologram appears. The director of this facility, Menra Argreth, stares straight into my eyes.

"Hello Seth Verdin."

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming."

I laugh coldly. "Since when do you take the time to think about the unexpected."