One must die kinda situation

We were staying in a hotel somewhere in Phoenix. Alice gave me a weak smile that I returned. So far we haven’t seen Jeremy coming after me and everything was going well with James. She was sitting on the sofa with Jasper, while I was sitting on the bed playing cards with Bella.

“how do you kill a necromancer?” Bella asked.

“I didn’t even know they existed before Jeremy” I shrugged.

“why you?” she frowned.
“power, they seek it. He’s far older than he looks, draining female vampires has kept him younger over the years” I breathed.

“but you met his mum” she frowned.
“no, I haven’t even seen pictures” I shook my head.

“so either he will die or you will” Bella checked.

“he’s marked me for the taking, he can’t move on to the next victim until he has drained me” I muttered.

“drain you?” she repeated.

“he feeds of two things, love and fear. His favourite way is making the girl fall in love with him, for him the thrill is the chase rather than the kill; the kill is just a necessity” my eyes closed as I remembered all the information I received about him in those few short seconds.
“but what happens?” she asked.
“you’ve seen harry potter right?” I checked and she nodded.
“think of him kind of like a dementor, but ten times worse. Every kill makes him more powerful, he’s a baby though, only killed five in the last ten years” I sighed.

“so are you like, born one?” she asked.
“there is only ever one in the world. His father was one and his great grandfather before that... if I kill him, there is a high chance that will be it” I muttered.

“Eva” Jasper called. I smiled at Bella then walked off to see what he wanted.

“we lost the tracker... Edward’s on his way to pick Bella up and take her away. Alice, Esme, Rose and Carlisle will keep looking for him. Emmett and I are going to help you with Jeremy” Jasper explained.

“no... Jeremy’s after me, I have to be the one to kill him” I shook my head.
“Eva don’t argue okay, Emmett and I are going to do what it takes to protect you” jasper almost shouted.

“he’s here, in Phoenix” I muttered.

“what” Jasper’s eyes widened.
“Jeremy, he followed us” Alice added.

“Alice you need to get Bella out” Jasper demanded. Alice nodded and looked around.
“where is Bella” she frowned. Jasper also started looking for her as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

“come outside and play Eva... Jasper and Alice need not get hurt” Jeremy laughed into the phone.
“okay” I breathed, hanging up. They were both frantically searching for Bella as I slowly slipped away. No goodbyes, nothing, I just slipped through the door and found Jeremy sitting on the wall just at the edge of the hotel.

“Hello Eva” he smiled.

“cut the crap” I snapped.

“your feistiness is one of the things I love about you” he grinned.

“didn’t your mummy ever tell you its rude to play with your food” I scoffed.

“so brave, so beautiful, so... tasty” his eyes flashed silver as he cocked his head to the side, smelling the air.

“tell you what, because I like you I’ll give you a two minute head start... run” he smirked. For some reason I did just that, I started to run.