Chapter One

She looked at it not believing what it said.

“Oh my God. Oh my God,” she said in complete shock that she didn’t even realize Colton had walked into their bedroom.

“What are you doing in there?” he asked walking towards the bathroom door. She quickly snapped out of her moment of disbelief and stared at the white bathroom door. What was she going to tell him? Whatever came out of her mouth first was what she was going to stick with.

“Nothing. Nothing, don’t worry about it,” she said in a voice just a little bit higher than a whisper.

“Okay, but don’t be long we have dinner with your parents,” he said as he walked away from the door. She could hear the lack of enthusiasm in his voice and rolled her eyes at him through the bathroom door. What was she going to do? How was she going to tell him?

******** 

3 months after Colton and Kayla’s grand wedding in England and luxurious honeymoon in Bora Bora.

Colton drove their Cadiallac SUV into their brand new beach mansion driveway. The house was gigantic compared to the beachhouse they were living in before. The house was two stories and had massive windows. Everything was completely well-groomed and all of Colton's flashy cars were parked in the driveway. 

"Oh my god! This is beautiful!" Kayla squealed as she squeezed Colton's arm. He looked over at her and smiled. He had never been this happy before, even though their relationship started off terribly. 

"I told you I could pick out a house you would actually like," he said to her. In actuality all of the home magazine and websites she was looking at before their wedding gave him clues as to what she wanted in her home. He took all of her ideas to Gabriella at work and they constructed the house. He then bought the perfect place on the beach away from his bachelor pad, and had it built and furnished while they were in Bora Bora for their honeymoon. 

"Yeah, I guess you did a pretty good job," she said as she opened the door. Colton got out and walked around to where Kayla was standing. Kayla couldn't believe how big the house was, it was almost as big as his estate in England. 

"Welcome home, baby," he said smiling at her. She couldn't get enough of his smile; it was perfect. The crease his mouth made when he smiled happily at her, the way his teeth glinted in the sunlight, and the way his eyes scrunched up. He held out his hand for her and she grabbed it and held onto his arm as they walked up the sidewalk to their new house. Colton pulled out the key from his pocket and put it in the lock and turned it. He opened the door for Kayla and they walked into their brand new entryway. 

The entry was bright with lots of cream and white colors. Their were two grand staircases that wrapped up to a large balcony on the second floor. The railing was gold and there was a table with a large centre piece of flowers in the middle of the room. To the right there was another doorway to the formal living room and to the left there was a formal dining room. Kayla walked further into the house and saw all of the pictures of them. There were pictures from their wedding day and other vacation pictures that they took while in England. She loved how he had them blown up. Colton walked slowly behind her and smiled at everything she did. They walked into the large family room which had three sectional couches and two large reclining chairs. There was an 80' flat screen TV on top of the fireplace mantle. And all along the back wall were floor to ceiling windows that looked out onto their backyard and the ocean. 

"This house is huge! It will take me days before I see every single room," Kayla said in awe of the amazing house Colton had bought her.

"Its not that big. Actually its quite small," Colton said turning around the room to look at it. Kayla smiled to herself; there was the Colton she had met. The man was so used to the biggest and best of everything, that even his house had to be the best. And it wasn't even the biggest house he had ever lived in. She went back to him and punched him in the shoulder and kissed him. He kissed her back forcefully and picked her up in his arms. 

"You know, we do have a brand new bed that no one has slept in yet. We should, uh, you know, try it out," Colton said holding her close to him and smiling at her. Kayla giggled at him and smiled at him and began to walk back to the staircase. Colton stood there and watched her as she walked away from him. 

"Are you coming?" she asked as she heard Colton beginning to run towards the stairs. She laughed at him and began running up the white carpeted stairs. She got to the top of the stairs and then realized she didn't know which way the bedroom was. She stood there looking left and right, and then Colton caught up with her and he turned left. 

"Come on! We have our own side of the house!" he said running towards the white double doors leading to their bedroom. Kayla walked happily into his arms as he opened the door and he picked her up and walked her inside the door.