Chapter 17 - Valima

#20 IN SPIRITUAL

I'm really euphoric. May Allah save me from fainting out of happiness.
I would like to thank each one of you for your lovely votes and comments. . And thanks to all my silent readers though I would really appreciate votes I'm glad your reading as well.

------------------------------------------

"Islam didn't make it Haram for you to fall in love. It didn't forbid you from wanting someone. It only guides that love, so it protects you, her, your families and especially saves you from humiliation on judgment day. If you love her so much, why are you ok with letting her engage in this questionable relationship knowing full well that she will have to answer Allah just like you will. You don't love her enough to save her from that?"
- Nauman Ali Khan

Marjaan P.O.V

It was my first ride in a bike and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I clutched onto him like a newly stuck band-aid. Not a unicorn, but close enough. He took me to the park, which we used to haunt in our younger days. I often played in this park as a child but as I grew up, school work took away my attention.

I expected it to be a secret night date when we stopped in front of the park, but when he was down on his knees, I realised that I truly loved this man in front of me.

We reached his house, or rather my new house and we tiptoed to our room. I had trouble figuring out the layout of this new house, but it was just a matter of accustoming to it. I took off my abayya and sat in the bed waiting for him to come. When he did, he came with some fruits,
"Are you hungry?"

"A bit."

He handed me a guava and a banana.

"These are from the back garden. My mom is a huge fan of gardening. You can check it out tomorrow"

He came and sat next to me carrying the smell of an aftershave with him. Causing a torrent of butterflies to dance in my stomach all over again.

"Don't you want to see what is inside the gift box?"

"Uh..yes I was about to open it."

"Don't feel shy my dear Marjaan. Your my halal now, you can be yourself around me. I want us to be friends."

He gave me mock handshake to lighten me up and it worked. I felt at ease, and I was breathing more slower now. That's when I remembered something.

"Hey! I have a surprise for you as well!"

"Aha. Okay! I'm ready" he said looked very excited. I lifted my hand straight across his face like its frozen mid-air.

"Uh...hello?" I instantly understood what he was thinking. He thought I was offering him a salute.

"So how is my henna?" I giggled lightly.

"It's lucky to be in your palm" he murmured. Choosing to ignore how it made me feel, I went on in a false cheery voice.

"Okay, Afreen told me... Well, Afreen is my cousin who is actually my aunt in relation, but younger to me. Anyway, she told me that it's customary to find your name in my henna."

He tenderly took my hands in his and brought it closer to his face so he could see properly. I could feel my heart on my throat. I felt like a copper wire conducting electricity from my brains to the extreme ends of my fingers and toes. "I see an A and D over here. Hmm... I see M and the other A as well, but where is J? Wait... is this a J or a design?"

I laughed at the way his brows met in concentration like he was doing an important exam.

"Yes, that's a J and you got it all right"