Chapter 22: A Morning to Remember

By the time the Opera was over I was rather content. I had my Slurpee, my bag of lollies and of course my earphones that were blasting its way down Anthony's playlist at a leisurely pace.

"That was absolutely amazing." Jackie gushed as we made our way out on to the sidewalk.

"Truly great." I smiled in agreement. Well, what I was listening to was.

"It is so nice to see young people with such appreciation for the arts Sky, my own son would never submit himself to that 'torture' as he calls it." She smiled at me and turned her attention to me. "You should join us at the Museum one day, we can do lunch."

I caught Anthony's surprised look out of the corner of my eye.

I smiled knowing I had the advantage. "That would be wonderful, I have been so intrigued to see the Gerhard Richter exhibition that is touring at the moment."

"Oh I absolutely adore his work don't you?"

I had no idea who or what his work looked like, all I knew was that his name was plastered on the banners outside the Museum and they have a very catchy add circulating the TV at the moment. "Yes, some of my favourites."

Jackie beamed at me as she began to ramble a little about artistic techniques and the contrast of the right colours, but, I got a little lost in the translation of what felt like another language.

"Darling, I think you've taken up plenty of young Skylar's time, we should be heading off." Boyd cut in as he fondly took hold of his wife's hand.

"Oh yes of course. Good night everyone, I look forward to seeing you again Sky." She waved goodbye and retreated into the night.

I smiled proud of myself while Anthony seemed a little taken aback. "Looks like you're a natural at making business deals Sky." Anthony's father stepped forward and took hold of his wife's hand.

"Thank you." I accepted his compliment.

"We should go it's late." Sandra cut in. "Oh and Sky, I'll see you tomorrow." She added as she started walking off.

"Tomorrow?" I frowned. "What's happening tomorrow?" I turned back to Anthony hoping he could answer my question.

Anthony shrugged unsure of his mother's plans.

"So I did good huh?" I smiled as we started making our way back to where the car should be meeting us.

"Yes, surprisingly."

I frowned. "Surprisingly?"

"Yeah I expected uh um ah." He chuckled. "You know, like usual."

"Yeah well, I told you I was amazing at my job."

"You mean the job where you are unemployed?" He frowned.

I paused. "The job I would have had if you had have hired me."

Did you say that right?

I have no idea. I got lost in my own words.

"What ever you say Sky, what ever you say." He chuckled and opened the door for me - although technically it was because he refused to slid over.

I leaned my head against the window and fought off sleep as I waited to arrive back at the hotel. It has been a long day, I had a failed interview, the return of my self-pity, I had to defend and protect my pet rabbit and lets not forget put up with Anthony and help him obtain a large investor.

I deserved a good, long sleep. Maybe I will sleep in until lunch tomorrow?

"We're here." Anthony opened the door and held it open for me to climb out.