Chapter 9: Bloodbath

CHAPTER 9:
BLOODBATH

How the fúck does one noble have a castle as scary as the one Ivan was staring at, yet have the blue roses planted around it?

It's exactly what Ivan's been wondering since he saw the castle the noble who goes by the name of Daryun Vyekovechan, has been living in. He wondered as to why is he even living in a castle as big as it is. Nobles don't usually have that big castles unless they are royals, but he was sure as hell that this guy wasn't one.

"Let's get this done with and go home," he said to himself as he started using his ability to became some other creature. That ability of his was powerful just by itself, enough for him to become a king, but he knew that he was nothing compared to Van. Van was a skilled warrior and the teleportation ability he possessed with combination of it were enough to make him the most powerful hybrid that walked the Earth. Compared to that man, no one was qualified to be the supreme ruler. But he had a weakness, and that was his past. Every hybrid had the one, but his was darker and more painful.

Sighing, he felt his fangs elongating and eyes changing completely as he was taking a form of a vampire, he thought how his job could be boring from time to time. Being the third in control, he had to deal with armies, diplomatic deals, problems like the one he's currently facing aka. the betrayal of selfish matters from the noble, securing and protecting both his King and the castle... And although he was grateful for having the chance to do it, he partly hated all of the responsibilities placed on his shoulder. Protecting Van was one, he loved that part, but having to deal with affairs of supernatural as twisted as they were...

He knocked on the gate before sighing again, here it comes again: that noble will lick his feet and try to look like the best person alive.

The little window on the huge wooden gate opened and Ivan saw a vampire staring down at him in disgust as he only smiled his way. The guard checked him up and down and Ivan guessed that he was trying to figure out if he was someone important or not. From his next words, Ivan guessed that he thought of the later.

"What do you want, scum. Do you know whose castle are you entering?" the vampire said as Ivan stayed stunned for few minutes before grinning. That sounded like a better version of his entrance. Did they treat everyone that came here without an certificate or invitation like that?

"Nope, some poor and bad vampire, I guess?" he decided to push the guard's buttons. He'll open the doors for him.

"You just signed yourself a death wish," the guy through the little window said before closing it as the gates started opening. He hadn't had some action in a while anyway, so it was a great opportunity. He'll send the warning to Daryun and kill the boredom at the same time. Van wouldn't mind, he broke the law using his position as a noble vampire to take more man than needed, Ivan thought.

The gate finally opened and there stood five man before him. He tilted his head. Just? C'mon, he has atleast fifty men on stand-by when someone enters the royal palace, you can never know how dangerous someone really is by just staring at them the first time you see them. The world of supernatural got too cocky just because of hybrids. That was their downfall and that's exactly why they would have lost the war if there weren't for hybrids.

*****

Van started at the window before taking a glance at the woman in his bed. She wasn't enough. In the last fee days, he couldn't find pleasure in the women he fùcked, not ever since he felt Evelyn's warm mouth around his cøck. He wanted to be deep inside of her, his body ached to have her skin to skin, but no. He didn't want her. He was disgusted by the mere thought of having a beloved while his mate is there somewhere ready to meet him. It's how it usually went. He will find a beloved, and I few months he'll find his soul-mate. The real soul-mate who'll be able to birth him children, the real soul-mate who'll be his for eternity like other three hybrids had. Out of twenty three hybrids that existed, three had met their soul-mates while eight, including him and them, met their beloveds. It's always the same, it never changed. The three beloved who used to be are now chained deep inside of the castle where no one will ever find them, as soul-mates didn't held an liking to them. It was that or rip their heads off. Since every hybrid still had a soft spot for them, they chose the first option. They all fell in love with them, and no matter if they had soul-mate, it was hard to get rid of beloveds. That's why he didn't want the girl.