Chapter 4: Who's There?

Braden's pov:

Kelly and I are woken up around 4am to the sound of banging on her front door.

I can tell Kelly is afraid, so I grab her hand and squeeze it tight.

"Don't worry, I'll go answer the door" I say to her.

"Ok, but I'm coming."

"No. Stay here, where it's safe." I argue.

"No, Braden. I'm coming with you." She gets out of bed giving me a 'got it' look and I nod ok, climbing out from under the covers.

I want her to stay up here where I know she won't get hurt, but I also know that a part of her hopes it's her brother. And if it was, she wouldn't take no for an answer.

We head down the staircase, I'm in front and Kelly is following behind me, slightly shaking. I squeeze her hand tighter to reassure her that I won't let anything hurt her. After a few more seconds, she stops shaking.

We arrive at the front door, and I briefly look out the window to get a glimpse of who it is.
All I can see is a figure, standing at the doorstep, waiting for it to be opened.

I take a deep breath, push Kelly behind me, and answer the door.

The person who stands on the other side surprises me, and the sight is horrifying.

A/N: I know this really short, but I really wanted to end this chapter on a cliffhanger! Sorry:(! The next chapter will make up for it, I promise!! (: