Extra 2

Please note that this is no longer an actual chapter, just something that I had written long ago. This is no longer part of the actual book. Thank you. This is also not edited.

"What if we can't have anymore?" I ask Damian, as he takes hold of my hand and kisses it.

"We've got two, that's good enough for me."

"But.." I sigh and shake my head. We had dropped the kids off at my mum's while we went to the doctors. We figured that when the kids turned three, we would start trying for another kid. Which we have been. It's been a year now, and still nothing. We thought there may be something wrong, so we thought we'd go to the doctors. We're now waiting the results, and boy I was a nervous wreck. It's also New Years Eve, and we have a party later. I'd feel awfully bad if I showed up to Jake's party looking all sad and depressed.

If the results say we can't have anymore kids...I guess I'll have to put on a brave face and a fake smile. It isn't entirely the best news for the start of the year..

"Right, so I have your results," the doctor says walking in and then sitting down in his chair opposite us, "I'm afraid you can't have anymore children. You're lucky you even had twins. It says in your file that you were involved in a car accident many years ago?"

"Yes, that's right." I answer. Wish I could forget that moment..

"That has seemed to have damaged your womb somehow. It seems it's the place you had been hit. You both were lucky you managed to have twins though. But, having twins damaged your womb even more.. I'm surprised you weren't told once you'd given birth. You're absolutely fine though, just..you can't have any more kids." I choked back the sob that was threatening to be heard. I warmed up to the idea of having more kids...and now we can't. Damian pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"It's okay, baby. Don't cry." I didn't even realise I was crying.. Actually, I did t even hear any of the words the doctor was telling me.. Neither did I hear the words Damian was saying. I blocked everyone out. I was so distraught. No more kids.. I could adopt... But I still wanted more kids of my own.. Damian and I..our own blood. I'm being stupid.. We have two kids, and that's good enough for me. I love them so much, and I cannot live without them. It doesn't matter if we can't have anymore, we have Riley and Ryan and they're all we need. "Come on, baby. Let's get going, yeah?" I nod my head and we both stand up. He says words to the doctor, but I didn't hear. I didn't pay attention. I mumbled a thank you to the doctor though.

Once we got in the car, we drove to my mum's in silence. I guess we were just letting the news sink in. Once we got to my mum's, I'm presuming she saw the expression on our faces. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." She pulls Damian and I both into a hug. I don't think he liked to hug much, except me I guess, but he welcomed her hug and hugged her back. I thought that was sweet since he barely hugs anyone.. "You've got Riley and Ryan, don't worry. Everything is alright."

"Thanks for looking after them, mum."

"Anytime, Kylie."

"Is it alright if we drop them off again in the evening?" Damian asks.

"Damian, dear.. I've already told you it's fine. I love having them around! Ooh, and they get to stay the night, don't they? I believe Lewis is coming too!"

"Of course, by the time we get back it'll be around one, and I don't think it's a good idea to disturb them. Only if it's fine with you, though. I don't want to make you feel as if we're taking advantage of you."

"Shut up, Damian. You're not taking advantage of me. They're my grandchildren and you're my son-in-law. You're family, and in this family we always take care of each other no matter what. There's no such thing as taking advantage of. Now go get the little ones and be off, I'll see you both in the evening." Damian laughs and goes to find the kids. "You've got a good one there. He's a very sweet young boy. I'm glad you married him, even if it created a few complications.."