3. Get to know each other

John entered the classroom. When he sat down in his chair, he tapped Anderson's back to get his attention and it worked. Anderson turned directly with raised brows.

"What do you want?" He grumbled.

John sighed. "Well, I don't want to be bothersome, but is it really so necessary to be so harsh on Sherlock? I mean it is exaggerated."

Anderson huffed. "Oh please, John. He has just arrived and already brain wiped you." Anderson rolled his eyes. "Just ask for a new room," he snapped.

"He seems okay to me." John defended.

"Well, don't forget to invite me to your marriage, so I can throw tomatoes or something with more weight." He sneered and turned back to his dull science workbook. John rolled with his eyes.

He tried to pay attention to the teacher and his science workbook, but after ten minutes he gave up. "For god's sake," he mumbled as he grabbed his phone, looking around the internet with it between his buttocks, head supported by his hands. He took this position so that he didn't stand out for the teacher.

Finally, after what seemed centuries, the bell rang. John stood up and dashed out of the room. Freedom! He thought. He paced to his room, and when he entered, he collapsed onto his bed, groaning joyously with a smile on his face, staring at the ceiling.

Someone in the room coughed. John turned his head and blushed at Sherlock's presence. John coughed. "Sorry, I'm just a bit overenthusiastic because the lesson is over." He said embarrassingly.

"You don't have to say sorry." Sherlock said, briefly looking up from his book.

"Okay." John said as he took off his converse shoes.

"How was science?" Sherlock asked quietly, not sure if John wanted to talk to him.

John sighed. "What do you think? It was a disaster."

"If you need help sometime," Sherlock said.

"Yes, sure thanks." He smiled.

"It's the least I can do for you."

"What do you mean?" John asked confused.

"You're talking to me. Nobody ever paid attention to me, so thank you." John froze, staring into Sherlock's eyes. He can't believe how pathetic people can be. This man in front of him never experienced friendship or love. John stood up, walking to his kettle.

"That's nonsense, why would people avoid you? There is nothing wrong with you; and you have a special gift, they should admire you." John said, turning on the water boiler. "You also want tea?" He added.

Sherlock chuckled softly. "Yes thanks." He said warmly.

John put a bag in each cup. He turned to Sherlock. "You want sugar?"

Sherlock looked up and nodded, "Yes, two please."

John grabbed two sugars and put them into one cup, and then he poured the boiled water in the cup. He grabbed the cups and brought one to Sherlock and settled himself down onto his own bed. Meanwhile, Sherlock closed his book so he can sip his tea.

There was a lovely silence between them. Both not speaking, enjoying the tea. Both their eyes were locked on their cups. After several minutes John looked up.

"So, who are you?" John asked his voice trembled.

"John, you don't want to..." John interrupted him;

"Yes I do." He blurted out. Sherlock sneaked a small smile.

"Fine," he sighed. "I play the violin when I'm thinking. Sometimes I don't talk for days on end." Sherlock glanced at John. "Would that bother you?" John shook his head amused.

"No not at all." He smiled.

Sherlock continued. "Parents are members of the British government; brother is in his last university year. He will arrive tomorrow. Oh and I hate people." John laughed softly at the last sentence.

"What do you want to become?" John asked.

"Consulting detective," Sherlock said.

"You mean private detective?" John asked. Sherlock sighed.

"No, consulting detective."

John frowned. "What does that mean?"

"It means when the police are out of their depth, which is always, they consult me." Sherlock said.

John chuckled. "Ohh."