Thirteen

*VOTE AND COMMENT *
Cam and Ant above

Cameron POV

I came to school on Monday excited and nervous. Mostly because I was gonna see Anthony again, but nervous because I don't know how he'd act around me. I won't do anything first, though because I don't know if we're that serious yet.

I had caught the sight of him while I was putting some books back in my locker before the 3rd period bell rang.

He looked terrible.

His eyes formed bags as if he was getting no sleep, he was moping around with his shoulders slumped—something he's never done before. His eyes were bloodshot red. I can't stand to see him like this, I need to know what's wrong.

I hurriedly put the rest of my things in the locker and walked up to him without him recognizing my presence. I grabbed his arm. "Anthony." I whispered.

He looked at me with those bloodshot eyes of his, and didn't respond.

"Anthony, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Huh?" He said and began spacing out not even a second afterwards.

"Anthony, what– what's wrong with you?" I asked again.

"Nothing's wrong with me, get off." He yanked his arm away. "Stop touching me."

"Anthony, you're being weird." I said, feeling my heart start to beat fast. I was scared. I don't know why he's acting like this.

"I don't give a fuck about what you think, fucking faggot."

Okay, I'm not even going to get emotional because now I know he's either drunk or on drugs.

"Anthony, have– have you been drinking?," I looked at him and he smiled. "Anthony, why are you doing this?" I said, finally feeling my tear ducks in action. I was scared that he was acting like this, this is not Anthony.

"Come on." I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the bathroom, him demanding release. When we got into the bathroom I finally let his arms go. "Ow, don't be too rough baby." He pouted and rubbed on his arms. Any other day, that would have had me blushing and laughing, but I was way too concerned now for any amusement.

"Anthony, what's going on with you?"

He stared into space.

"Anthony, wh–"

"My mom," he began. "My mom. She kicked me out. Like she," he kicked his leg in the air "me out. I can't come back, she doesn't love me no more. But it's okay though. I got money." He smiled and clapped once.

"Can we leave now? Wait, not without a kiss." He puckered his lips. I'm not even in the mood like I would have been if this were a normal day. I was heartbroken. His mom seems so nice, why would she kick him out into the streets? Where is Anthony gonna go? Where is he gonna live? Too many questions running through my head to be craving a kiss.

"Why did she kick you out?" I asked a puckered lip Anthony. His expression changed into a smile.

"I don't know." He said in a childish tone. He wasn't just drinking. There was definitely drug use involved.

"Come on Anthony, I'm not joking. Please, just tell me."

He gasped, "nosy ass. But I'll tell you. Okay? But it's a secret. A little tiny, itty bitty," he came close to my ears and whispered "secret. Okay so one day I was like walking down the street when I was like 14, a man who knew my dad asked me to drop something off and get the money for it and I could keep it, so of course I did it. He kept asking me to do it, everyday. Then it became my job." He smiled.