Chapter Twenty-Nine: It Was Him

Ah! Guys... 16,000+ reads! To celebrate this special occasion, I'm doing tutoring! It's actually pretty fun. Plus, I get to use my phone! Ooh, make sure to follow my Instagram accounts down below!

~~~

Lucy's POV:

It was 6:13 p.m. The day was turning to night and all the houses switched their lights on. As I was listening to my favorite song, My phone rang and it was from Mira. I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lucy! Just wanted to call you about something."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Can you go to Fairy Hills for me?"

"Fairy Hills? Isn't it like a secluded area or something?"

"Please, for me?"

"Fine, but you owe me!"

"Trust me, I will!"

I stopped the conversation and got dressed into my pink sweatshirt and my white beanie. I was already wearing my leggings, so I didn't need to change into warmer pants. Fairy Hills shouldn't be far away. If I remembered correctly, it should be fifteen minutes to get there if I'm walking. I don't know why, but I had a feeling Mira was setting something up. Once I got there, I couldn't help, but take in the atmosphere. I knew that Fairy Hills was breathtaking. You can look at the beautiful sunset from here. I walked around to try and find Mira, but...

"BOO!" Natsu shouted as he came out of the bushes. I got startled by his scare and fell on my back.

"Ow~"

"Are you ok? I didn't mean to scare you like that," Natsu said as he pulled me up. He gently caressed my forehead and my heart began to flutter.

"I-I'm fine. I was trying to find Mira, but-"

"She's not here."

"Huh? How do you know?" I asked. He got something out of his pocket and handed me what looked like a note. I opened the note and saw what was written inside.

~~~

Dear Natsu and Lucy,

If you are reading this note, which you obviously are, come to the nearest stream from here. It shouldn't be far away. Why am I doing this? Well, I'm bored and decided to have a little...game...to keep me amused. That and I have absolutely nothing better to do... Anyways, once you've made it to the stream, you will find another note there. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Mira the Matchmaker

~~~

"Looks like we have to do what the note tells us to do," I said.

"Or we could go home and forget that all of this ever happened," Natsu suggested. I shook my head and dragged him to the stream.

"We didn't come all the way here to do nothing. Plus, I have nothing better to do too," I said as I ran a little faster.

"Hey, don't pull so hard! My arms hurt from all the push-ups I had to do in basketball practice," Natsu complained.

"Quit yammering, little baby."

[TIME SKIP]

"Wow..." I said in awe. The trees were a beautiful shade of pink and purple from the night sky. The flowers were glowing a light shade of blue. Fireflies could seen everywhere, lighting up the whole area. The sound of the water flowing through bank was soothing and relaxing to the ears.