♚35. IGNITED

"True love is selfless

"True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice." - Sadhu Vaswani

L e x i s B l a d e

AS MY WARRIORS and I stood in a pack, solidifying our strength in numbers, I couldn't help but anticipate the enemy on the other side. Waiting for the army of wolves could lead to a self affiliated ambush, yet attacking at our full numbers could lead to an easy defeat.

As an Alpha, I had to make a quick yet smart decision because the lives of my pack were at risk here. My warriors were settled in our wolf form, for we were stronger in that embodiment.

I growl signaling my line of wolves to stand down and to wait for my command before any act is committed.

The air around became very quiet and the howls of our enemies were silenced. My wolf's peripheral vision intensified as the setting became more eerie.

"Where are they? They aren't at our border anymore, that's for sure." Mason mind linked me, which was something we rarely had to administrate.

"They're still here..." I mind linked back trying to reassure my line of men that we are to not be fooled.

   Whatever was out there was not just pack 156, but officials from the union that were sent to help attack my pack.

   With the destruction that was going on in the human settlements, to Jordyn now being outed as my mate to now the majority of the world, All eyes were on my pack...and the union sees us as a threat; an ignition of disobedience among all the other packs.

A howl was heard on the other side of us causing us to turn on our hind legs and to watch that direction.

They were close.

They were near.

   My men waited quietly and patiently for a cue...yet I had none. No signs of our enemies' appearance was apparent.

   Suddenly, more howls in consistent patterns were being made. Noises of legs patting on the ground consumed the air around us. The noise was not coming from a certain direction...but everywhere.

    A loud snarl arose from the air before one of my men were attacked by a dark brown wolf. Immediately after, more than a dozen of wolves revealed themselves before attacking.

 Immediately after, more than a dozen of wolves revealed themselves before attacking