Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Kaleb, is it really necessary to hurt me anymore?" I asked the boy standing by my window.

He shrugged and slumped against the wall. I face planted on my bed and let out a scream.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled.

"My life is shit." I muttered into the bed.

"Why is that?"

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I dead panned. He nervously chuckled and ran a hand through his disheveled hair. "What did she offer you? Fame, fortune..?"

"She said she'd bail my brother out of jail." He sighed.

"And did she?"

He shook his head.

"So why did you come today? I know she called this whole torture thing off."

"To apologize I guess. I should have known better than to believe her. Now you're hurt and scarred."

I didn't respond. Simply watching as he paced about the room.

"You've suffered so much, Sam. Anorexia, depression, broken heart, and then I come along and add more bruises each day. I'm a monster and because of this I'm going to jail."

"No you're not." I spoke, causing his head to snap up. "I wouldn't do that to you. You're a good guy, Kaleb, you don't deserve to go to prison."

"Than-"

"Don't thank me, just leave. Move far from here, because my friends will put you in jail. Goodbye Kaleb." I said, sticking my arm out. He gently grabbed my extended hand and gave it a small shake. He didn't release, giving me a fright, but simply pulled me into a hug.

"Harry's an idiot for leaving such an amazing girl." Kaleb whispered in my ear before fleeing the building.

I sighed and turned in my heal, making my way to the kitchen, where Sara and Niall stood baking treats together.

I hoisted myself onto the counter not being used, watching the couple laugh and dance as they baked.

"Hey girl." Sara chirped, wiping some frosting on my nose. "Who were you talking to?"

"It was the tv." I lied, trying to lick to icing off. She nodded and giggled as Niall wrapped his arms around her waist and smashed cake in her face.

"Niall!" She gasped, and retaliated by dumping a milkshake on his head.

They went at it from there and I sat eating the frosting. Jealousy rose throughout me, I'm nothing but drama but these two are always happy.

I let out another sigh and traveled to the balcony, sliding into a chair and propping my feet up.

"Stupid Harry. Stupid Taylor." I muttered, slamming the spoon into the icing container. "I got a tattoo for you. Two tattoos! The worst thing I ever did was fall for you."

I stopped holding back my tears.

"You're a player and a liar. You never loved me. You never cared for me. I hate you. I hate you.." I cried. "I FUCKING HATE YOU HARRY STYLES!.. But I hate myself more for not being able to hate you."

"He loves you, Sam." Louis spoke, making me jump.

"He loves me so much he cheated on me. Makes perfect sense, Lou." I grumbled, sticking another spoonful in my mouth.

"Why are you still so caught up on this? It's been almost a year since you guys broke up.."

That finally hit me.

It's been 11 months since we broke up. And I'm still here crying over him while he's probably out clubbing.

"What does he do?" I asked, staring at the house behind mine. "His lights are always off."

"He mopes." Louis replied. "You pushed him away, Sam. He tried to apologize but you always cut him off. You know I love you, more than anyone ever could, but I'm rooting for you and Harry."

"I don't know what to do. It's been so long since I last saw him, let alone spoke to him."

"You know I hated him for cheating on you, but when you think about it, is Harry honestly that shallow? There was a reason behind why he did it, go find out." And with that, he walked back inside leaving me alone in my own world.

He's right. Harry isn't like that. He never was. He might look like he'd be a player, but we all know he'd cry if he was stung by a bee.

Slowly, I reached into my back pocket taking out the iPhone that hasn't dialed Harry's number for the longest time. The screensaver was still he and I. I never had the heart to change it. My thumb scrolled down the endless list of contacts until I finally found 'Styles<3'.

My finger hovered over the name, but instead I locked my phone and pushed it back into my pocket. I hastily put the container on the banister and ran through the house, grabbing shoes and Harry's old sweatshirt before sprinting around the corner to Harry's flat.

I took a deep shaky breath and knocked on the door. Feet scuffed across the floor and soon enough the door opened, revealing Harry. I had to hold in my gasp, I almost forgot what he looked like. How tall he was compared to me. How curly his hair was and how beautiful his eyes were.

His eyes widened at my presence.

"Why did you do it?" Was all I managed to say. I didn't even realize I had been crying until I heard the soft patter of the tears hitting the front step.

"W-what?" His voice was raspy, as if this was the first time he's spoken in months. He seemed surprised by the sound he uttered, almost making me laugh.

"I never asked you why you dated her. I just want to know why so I can move on with my life."

The cold London air nipped at my face, making my cheeks tinge pink. I hugged Harry's sweatshirt tighter to my body, suppressing a shiver.

"A-are you cold?"

"Answer my question, Harry." I ordered.

"I didn't want you hurt anymore." He whispered, almost inaudible but I heard it. "I figured out she hired the hit man. She said if I cheated on you, you'd stop getting beat. I didn't want you to die, Sam."

"He didn't stop hurting me." I murmured. Harry's forehead creased and his eyes started to water.

"But she said he would!" He exclaimed. His breathing became heavy and his mouth opened and closed as if he was going to say something but simply couldn't find the right words.

"Do you love me?" I questioned, making him freeze. "After all of this, do you still love me?"

"I never stopped. I don't think I could ever stop." He said softly.

Instead of responding I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest. Seconds later his arms wrapped around me.

"I miss you, Harry. Please don't leave me again."

"I never left in the first place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're not together yet! But they aren't upset anymore!

Sorry for taking forever to update! but im done school so ill update more often!