moving back/ encounter

Natalia

"Mommy" I hear my son yell as he runs around the house trying to avoid all the boxes."Tyler I'm going to get you" I say as I chase after him. I catch up and pick him up and blow raspberries in his stomach he's giggling and I set him down and tell him that we have to get ready because the movers are going to come soon "okay mommy" he says .

You are probably wondering what happened so let me explain. the minute I found out I was pregnant I was so shocked the first thing I thought of was getting an abortion but it was as if the doctor could read my mind.she asked if I wanted to hear the heartbeat I said sure. what I heard it was the most beautiful sound I've ever and I knew I couldn't go through with it I couldn't kill my baby. I smile at her and she shows me the ultrasound she says the baby already has little hands with fingers and little feet with toes and in about another 2 months I can find out the gender of my baby. after the doctors appointment I call my parents and tell them the news they were so excited to finally be grandparents and they begged me to move back so they could take care of me but I declined I told them it was too soon and I was still alittle too raw. they always visited me though and I never felt alone. when it came time to give birth they were there with me and it was the worst pain I've ever felt but when I heard my baby cry for the first time it was the happiest moment of my life and on July 6th 2012 Tyler Edward Walker was born and I couldn't have been happier. He got my maiden name. 3 years passed and I'm moving back home because of the law firm that I was with before was giving me a promotion. I told my parents and they were so happy we can finally be close and and spoil tyler rotten. I take one last look around my apartment. the first apartment that I ever had after my divorce. I still think about it and it still hurt but not as much. the movers come and take the boxes out and I get in my car and I start to drive. we get to the house and its so beautiful, its a three bedroom two bathroom, big living room, spacious kitchen/dinning room.two story house, with a beautiful backyard in a quiet neighborhood and I just love it. the movers unpack the boxes. I give them their tip and they leave. I call my parents and tell them I've arrived they asked to help but I decline my father still thinks he's the Hulk even after the fact that he broke his back a year ago and the doctor told him no more heavy lifting.
I tell them I don't need any help and I'll see them tomorrow and I hang up. I feel Tyler pulling on my pant leg "mommy I'm hungry" he says "oh baby that's right we still haven't eaten lunch yet, I know this diner that's really close by and they have amazing fries". "Fries" Tyler shouts as he runs through the door. and Tyler wait for mommy, i say as i grab keys. I go to the car strap him in and drive to the diner. it was a cute little mom and pop diner that I found a couple years ago and I really love their Caesar salad it's like the best I go in and put Tyler in his booster seat. a nice waitress just comes over " what will you guys be having today" she asked." I will have the Caesar salad with of a vanilla milk shake. " and what will you be having young man" she says too tyler. "Fries" she laughs "okay I'll be back with your orders". now when we get our foodTyler making a mess with the ketchup all over his face. I let him be, hey he's a growing boy. I laugh as I watch him. I hear the door signaling someone's come in, I don't look around until I hear someone say my name. I looked back to see my ex husband and my sister holding hands. I turn around pretending I didn't see them, that is until my sister called my name again and walks up to my table." natalia it is you, I haven't seen you in so long how are you" i my smile the best smile I could muster." hey Tricia I've been good". I feel as though she deliberately stuck out her hand so I can see the ring on it, I stare shocked but don't let it get
To my face. She sees me looking. "Oh yeah well Jessie and I are getting married isn't that great". I I look to Jesse but he isn't looking at me he's looking at Tyler. I mentally slap myself Trisha sees him looking and look over to Tyler she looks at me confused and shocked. " mommy I'm done" Tyler says he finished all his fries. I sigh quietly." Good boy". "mommy ? Natalia you have a son?". she says. I wipe his face with a napkin and Jesse is still just looking at him Trisha looks shocked because anyone can see that Tyler looks exactly like Jessie. I get up."i have to go I have some ounpacking to do". "unpacking? did you move back". I smile with confidence I have never had before." Yes and I'm here to stay". Jessie still hasn't made a sound. I get up grab Tyler I put money down and I walk away but before I walk out I turn back to them "congratulations on your engagement, you two deserve each other ,I smile and walk out. I go to my car and strap tyler in his seat. my heart breaks just a little more but as I'm driving I look back in the rearview mirror and see Tyler's smiling face and I know that I'll be okay.