Chapter 6

Once I got back to the boarding house I made myself a coffee and turned to go to the living room when I heard Damon and Elena speaking. I didn't mean to be rude but I listened from round the corner.

"Fine, then I'm not sorry either. I'm not sorry that I met you, I'm not sorry that knowing you has made me question everything, that in death you're the one who made me feel most alive. You've been a terrible person, you made all the wrong choices. And for all the choices I've made this will prove to be the worst one: but I am not sorry that I'm in love with you. I love you, Damon." I heard Elena say then there was silence. I guessed they were kissing. I had to admit even though I wanted Stefan and Elena together, Damon really has changed into a great person. Also, he'd never hurt Elena.

------------------------------------------

When I reached the living room Stefan was sitting there listening in on whatever Damon and Elena was saying. "Hey!" I said and Stefan looked up at me, "stop listening in!"

He turned to me and smiled weakly. "Well then. That's it..." He said, "she chose Damon."

"Oh Stef, you'll find someone!" I encouraged. It did no good he was heart broken. "I promise."

"Yeah, I guess." He got up and walked out of the room.

-----------------------------

I decided to find Jeremy as I realised I wouldn't have long left with him and ended up with him and Bonnie. They kissed.

"I left a note for Elena and Maddy." He said leaning back from the kiss, "I didn't know how to say goodbye."

I came out of the shadows, "how about a hug?" I said and held my arms out. Jeremy turned round and smiled. He wrapped his arms around me and I blinked back tears.

"I'm sorry." He said to me and frowned.

"Jer-" I began, Jeremy then let out a loud gasp and Bonnie smiled.

"It worked." She jumped, "it actually worked. Jeremy... You're alive!"

Jeremy smiled too and went to hug her but couldn't feel her. "Bonnie!" He shouted. "Bonnie what have you done?"

My hands flew to my mouth and I gasped. Oh God, she's dead. "Bonnie...are you- are you dead?" I sobbed.

"Maddy, it's okay. You and Jeremy can see me whenever you want!" She smiled but me and Jeremy didn't.

"Mine hasn't been working Bonnie!" I walked forward so I could get a better look.

"Maddy, it's working now!" She laughed. "Just tell Elena and Caroline I'm spending the summer with my mum." Bonnie told both of us.

"No, Bonnie I won't lie!" I raised my voice. I looked at Jeremy wondering why he wasn't saying anything and realised he was crying.

" For the first time in forever my friends are OK, I don't want to take that from them. I'm going to be OK, I promise," Bonnie said knowing we wouldn't tell Elena and Caroline the truth, at least not for now. She walked backward and we saw her grams. They held hands then walked away and faded.

Slowly, me and Jeremy turned to face each other. Then, for the first time I realised Jeremy was back! He was never really gone for me but he was back. I put one hand on his face then the other on the back of his neck. "My twin." I smiled. "Oh my God, Jer!" I then pulled him toward me and hugged him.

"Maddy," he mumbled into my hair.

"Yeah?" I asked, hugging tighter.

"You're standing on my foot!" He moaned. I laughed and stepped back taking a good long look at him.

"I've missed you, Jer!" I smiled. He smiled back.

"I've missed you too." He put his arm round my shoulder then we walked out.

-------------------------------

(THANK YOU FOR READING, VOTE AND COMMENT. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ANY EVENTS THAT COULD HAPPEN IN THIS STORY PLEASE TELL ME AS I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO PUT IN IT. THANK YOU X)