Part 35

From: Lucas Garver

To: Bailey Prescott>

_____________________________________________

Let's pretend it's a cruise

June 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM

_______________________________________________

Dear Bailey,

There's too much damn sun in San Diego. I just wanted one fucking cloud. Just one fluffy white thing to float in front of the sun so I wouldn't be out there sweating my ass off on the fucking beach in full fatigues while a few miles down some pretty boy Californians were surfing.

How's Miami? The girls? Your dad? Tell them I said hi. I might not be able to send another email for a few days. We're going to be out at night and I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to jump on a computer or charge my phone. Know that I'll be thinking of you.

I won't be picking up any bad habits from these Marines. I don't get them at all. During the day they're all tough and talking shit, but then at night they put on fucking skinny jeans and hang out listening to house music. What the hell is that all about? It's not my thing.

I sent you another Amazon card for a new movie for the girls this summer. I need you sane so you'll remember to keep me posted. We might be two ships passing in the night, but one day we'll be headed to the same island.

Love,

Lucas

P.S. I looked up what was traditional for a 1 year anniversary and it's paper. On July 14th, our 1 year anniversary, we are going to celebrate it the only way we know how. We'll both order pizza and eat it from paper plates. It's been too long since we've had a virtual date. I think it's time to step up my game. 

****Please remember to vote and share. Thanks for continuing to read. I'll try to update again soon!