Ring Me Up

^the reception

***

"That guy ~might~ be looking for me."

He just wrinkled his forehead confused, but let me continue, leaning back in his seat, taking it in cautiously.

"You remember that I stayed behind yesterday to help Mark, the luggage boy, out as he just got a group of 10 late last night and he was the only one on that shift?"

"Yeah....I wanted to take you home, but you told me to go ahead."

"Yeah, after that, I met this guy on the way to my car and he needed help. I lent him my phone to call his friends to pick him up and I kinda... forgot my coat behind when I left?"I ended, not sure if he'll believe me

"Hmmm... I don't think that's the whole story, but I won't press you to tell me the juicy details for now. I know how it is " he said, smirking knowingly at me from across the table.

I just blushed and slapped his arm lightly.

"You have the dirtiest mind."

"Oh,but thank you" he said, putting his hand to his heart for effect, as if I just gave him the supreme compliment.

I laughed and took both of our cups to put them in the sink, running the tap and grabbing a sponge and detergent to wash them clean.

Jeremy got up also, leaned on the counter as he watched me.

"He left a phone number. I'll tell Olivia to call him and you two can meet." he stated, nudging me with his elbow in my side, hinting at something I don't really want to know about.

"Please don't" I said rapidly, turning towards him, stopping my scrubbing. "For certain reasons I don't want to meet him or him to know my name. I want to wait until he forgets about the incident and be done with it." he looked at me like I was crazy for running away from my supposed Prince charming, but I wanted to live.

"He scares me" I said, quietly , looking down, slightly ashamed of resorting to this

I know I shouldn't use the "scared of a man" card with Jeremy, as his mother had some terrible history with the issue, but it was the only way to get him to keep me out of baldie's radar.

A shadowed look flickered in his eyes and he just nodded, suddenly serious, looking away, asking no more questions.

"You might want to stay in here a little longer. He came back. With company this time" he says, nodding his hair towards the main entrance.

I turned around so fast that I got a little bit dizzy, but then my sight zeroed-in on the Greek god and his goons, talking to Georgie at the reception.

Olivia must be on her break I think to myself, immediate concern for my friend sufficing.

Oh there's baldie too. Looking ready to kill, like always.

I then saw that he was holding my coat over his arm.

Oh, my princess coat, you are so close, but so far. I feel like crying.

Jeremy moves to go out and as he opened the door, my phone began ringing.

He looked at me and I fumbled with my phone nervously, then looked at the caller ID.

Unknown number.

I looked up again towards the group and saw the Greek god moving with a quick pace towards the sound of my phone

Fek.

He has my number from the time I let him use my phone to call his buddies to pick him up and he's now using that against me.

Fek-fek-fek-fek-fek-

I quickly hang up and threw Jeremy a pleading look, which he understood immediately.

Don't let him in.

I thought fast and dived into the balcony , the place where my coworkers smoked and fortunately, everyone was already gone.

"No can do mister. Staff only." I heard Jeremy say and peered quickly at the two.

I thanked whoever designed this building to make the walls of the break room out of one sided mirror glass because I can clearly see them, but they can't see me.

Boom. Technology.

My phone started ringing again, but I hung it up before the song could start. I then put it on silent and heard shouts from outside the door, making me quickly look up.

Jeremy was trying to stop the men, but they just held him by the arms and let themselves in.

"We don't wish to make a scene. We're just looking for someone." the pretty man said, strolling in as he adjusted his tie.

They pushed Jeremy into a chair, not too roughly and then started looking around.

After 5 minutes of looking through all annexing rooms and checking every locker and cupboard in there, when they came back empty handed, my phone started vibrating again in my hand, but I clutched it to my chest and let it ring, too afraid to peek anymore, so I just hid behind a fake tree in the corner and wished for the best.

"Where is she?" the hottie said calmly, dragging himself a chair in front of Jeremy.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Jeremy said, almost challenging him, leaning back on his chair. "And if you don't have any more business here, I want you out of my hotel" he added, a lethal tone to his voice.

Wow. He's in his alpha male mode right now. They better get going.

"So you're going to be like that... Alright, I want to book this entire hotel." he said, looking Straight into J's eyes.

Hold up.

***

After lots of quarreling and negotiations, the mysterious man managed to book 2 entire floors out of 10 and he's moving some of his "buddies" in by the end of today.

He also requested to have a personal concierge provided by the hotel.

And by "requested" I mean "demanded".

They then left, promising to be back by 8 pm with his men.

Jeremy walked them to the door and then quickly returned, telling me it was ok to come out now.

"I'm so sorry that you got involved in all this. I'm gonna turn in my resignation form tonight. I'm really sorry for everything." I said, getting up from my hiding spot, dusting off my uniform vest

"What would it change if you resigned? They would move in anyway. Do you really think they would believe me when I would say you just resigned so they should just give up?"

I opened my mouth to retort , but closed it back up.

He does have a point.

"If it's like that...."I say, a little bit relieved that I don't have to give up on this job I love.

"But I want to be his concierge for his stay."

***