What Kind Of Man

^her uniform is the red ver.

***

"C'mon! I did this before, I know what I'm supposed to do! Why won't you let me?" I argued with a stubborn Jeremy, getting even more frustrated with every passing second.

"I'm not changing my mind. I'm not letting you get that close to some Mafia wannabe psycho." he countered, finality in his words.

"Who knows what he is capable of doing to his concierge? I need to take responsibility. Plus, he doesn't seem to remember my face! As long as I don't mention the other day, I will be fine. It's my responsibility Jeremy"

A short pause followed in which many emotions crossed J's face, but he soon gave in, squinting his eyes at me in mock hatred.

"I don't want to let you do this, but I guess you're right" he said bitterly, crossing his legs.

"But you need to get someone to take over your shifts at the restaurant"

"Ok. I'm on it. Thank you JJ" I said, kissing his cheek, then walking away from him with my phone already ringing a coworker.

***

"I gathered you all here to tell you that we have some special guests on the 9th and 10th floor. I expect all of you to be cautious and not rile them up. If anyone wants to resign, my doors are always open .That's all."

Jeremy gathered us in the break room to give us the news. He said that he would cut the chase, as all of them knew each other and they didn't need to keep up appearances.

"Which rooms are they in?" asked Olivia, the receptionist.

"All rooms on 9th and 10th floors." Jeremy replied, making the room burst into chatter.

"When do the arrive?" asked Tom, the annoying Casanova.

"At 8, so you gotta get back to work, they're about to come" said Jeremy, clapping his hand as if to make us hurry up.

I went into the changing room, took out one of the spare red uniforms and put it on. It was a little bit tight around the hips and chest, but it's wearable. I then made my way to the reception, to wait for our infamous guests.

Olivia waved me down and put three white mini soaps on the table.

We bot knew what that meant and a small smile graced my lips, mischievousness clear on my face.

We always bet on our clients. Things like when or if they would lose their key, how long they stay in the pool and so on.

Petty things to keep us entertained.

We bet on soaps from the supply room.

When one of reaches 10, the other buys fancy lunch for the winner from a restaurant of the winner's choice.

Of course, we put all the soaps back whenever one of us won, so that we don't get discovered.

This is her biggest bet this year. She always stopped at 2 soaps max at a time.

I smirk and nod, making her giggle.

She put 3 more soaps on my behalf and pointed to the door.

"I bet that all of them are balding old men." she said, referring  to our long awaited group of men.

"I bet that at least one is drop dead gorgeous." I smirk and lean on my elbows, facing the door, already feeling my win.

She looked sceptically at me and I think she knows something it's up, but didn't complain.

We chatted a bit and the awaited moment came at 8 sharp, when around around 15 black cars, the exact same model as the ones the other day, occupied two thirds of the parking lot.

Yeah, no suspicious activity here I said to myself, asking myself where those Organised Crime FBI agents are in times like these.

Men spilled out of the cars, shoving their bags at the outnumbered luggage boys.

Some of the free staff started helping with the luggage also and I wanted to help too, but I needed to greet Mystery Man and guide him to his suite.

As soon as I spotted him,I tapped Olivia on the shoulder, pointed towards his figure and smirked as I saw her shocked face, took the soaps from her,then put them away.

"I win."

I then approached Mystery Man with my greatest business smile and confident strides.

"Welcome to Ivory Feather Hotel & Spa! My name is Helen and I'm going to be your concierge for the time of your stay with us. Shall we?" I said politely, looking him in the eye.

He paused, seized me up and then just nodded, signaling baldie to follow too. I smiled once again and began to turn to lead the way, but saw Josh behind them, one of the luggage boys, with two suitcases in his hands, looking a little frightened.

I pause, go towards him and grab the bags, shoo-ing him away.

"I'm going to take these. You go help the others, ok?" I told Josh, who widened his eyes, glanced at the men behind me and nodded hurriedly,throwing me a grateful look before rushing back.

Adjusting my grip on the bags, I face the men with another smile.

"Sorry for the delay. Please follow me" I say, not waiting for a reply as I started walking towards the elevator.

"What kind of man is he? Letting a woman carry luggage! Leo, take the bags." Mysterious Man ordered outraged, signaling the bigger man to the suitcases.

So baldie's name is Leo. And his accent sounds Italian. I didn't notice that yesterday.

As baldie made a move to take the bags, I stepped back, a now serious face on my features.

"There's no need. I'm perfectly capable of carrying them. Our guests should just stand back and relax." I said quickly, making big guy Leo stop and glance at Mysterious Man for further instructions

"I won't allow this. Leo-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but it would hurt my honour if you insist anymore than this. You're insulting me by not letting me do my job" I say, looking straight into his eyes, eyebrow raised, with no intention of backing down.

He glared right back, but soon gave in.

"Do what you want." he agreed, sighing in the process.

I think I saw Leo smirk a little as his boss was so easily handled. And when he caught my gaze, he chuckled lowly, putting a hand on his stomach, as if to control his breathing.

"What are you laughing at?" Mystery Man asked, looking a little frustrated.

"Nothing. Let's get to our rooms shall we? If you're kind enough..." he trailed, waiting for me to lead the way once again.

"Sure do." I said, calling the elevator, throwing this Leo a wink.

Leo seems nice at least.

Nice as in: doesn't want to kill me nice.

The elevator let out a quiet 'bing' opening it's doors, letting us in.

***