First Day of School

Epilogue
First Day of School
Dipper's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

After the whole end-of-the-world stuff, summer was over. Mabel and I both are still covered in scratches and bruises. We kind of look as if we got ran over by the bus trying to come here. Almost. We actually almost did get ran over by the bus. No, actually by an eighteen-wheeler. Okay, it doesn't matter what we almost got ran over by on the way to school! All that matters is that we are still - okay, kind of in one piece.

I notice I'm staring at the school, mentally talking to myself. I notice papers already taped to my jacket saying, "Loser". They remember me. What fun, I think. Day one in hell.

I take the notes off and throw them away. I want to turn around and see Mabel eager to start a conversation. Nope. She's already off making new friends. I sigh and walk off to the front doors.

"DIPPER!" I hear a voice call for me.

"What, M-" I cut myself off, when I see who it is. The sweet, smiling face I thought I'd never see again is right before me with hair already falling in front of it. I push her hair out of her face and return her smile. "Hi... (Y/N)."

"Hi."

"So... we go to the same school?"

"No, I'm just visiting."

"Oh..."

"I'm just joking, dummy!" She punches my arm playfully. "I go to school here."

"How come I've never seen you around?"

"First year."

"Oh, well, rule one, if you want to one of the popular people, I'm not one to be hanging around."

"What's the fun in being popular, if you're not there to annoy? Besides, I'd rather have one or two loyal friends than everyone in school worshipping me like some goddess and then running away when I'm in peril."

"If you keep talking like that, you could become a life coach."

"Woah. I feel bad for that person."

"You do realize you just insulted yourself, right?"

"Yeah..."
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

(Y/N) and I sit at the bottom of the stairs. The only people still here are Mabel, who refuses to leave without me, and a few being picked up by their parents. They're all playing around in the grass, including Mabel.

"Remember the first week of summer, when I told you that I love you?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can't forget."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, because that was the first time I actually felt loved."

"Is it a bad thing that that's how I feel?"

"No, and why do you always say 'Is it a bad thing'?"

"That's just how I am." I gently nudge her on the arm. "Deal with it."

"Just because you said that, I'm not going to deal with it."

"What are you going to do, when I say it?"

"Punch you in the face. Starting now." I'm pretty sure she purposely misses. (Y/N) wraps her arms around my neck. "Speaking of the first week of summer, I love you too."

"Really?"

"With all my heart."

She backs away a little, not removing her arms, so she can see my face. I feel her lips gently press against mine. I quickly respond by kissing her back. I felt as if we were like that for hours before we both brake apart in sync.

"Then..." I grab her waist and make us both stand up. "will you do the honor in being the only girlfriend I'll ever have in my lifetime?" She giggles at how I worded that.

"Of course, dork."