06. Worry Isn't A Good Look On You

After Barry zooms off for one of his meta missions I immediately go into stress mode hoping that he is okay and won't die, which actually makes me sound like a concerned girlfriend which I'm not.

I flag down a cab and ask the driver to take me to Star Labs which after a long 5 minutes of convincing they drive to me to Star Labs and even charge me more then was expected.

A million of thoughts cloud my head of what could go wrong as one of my flaws is thinking of the worst case scenarios of the people I care about. Barry was just the boy who was struck by lightening and managed to weave his way into my life, everyday our team helps him become a superhero and take down the meta humans that on our hands nearly every week.

I never expected him to put that effect on my life or leave a imprint on my heart that quickly. But one thing for sure is everyday day he goes out to take down these meta humans I'm faced with the thought of him dying and another person I care about leaving me.

I rush into Star Labs taking the elevator up to level 600 and wait impatiently for the elevator to stop, as the elevator opens I break out into a sprint ignoring that in fact I was in heels and most likely could break my ankle.

I arrive at the Cortex seeing Cisco and Caitlin near the medical bed hovering over a body that I can't recognize, as I move closer seeing the Crimson clad suit my heart stops seeing Barry.

"Oh my god Barry." I breath out once seeing him on the hospital bed with Cisco and Caitlin hovering his body and immediately rush over to him.

He lays there gasping for breath as he tried to wheeze something out. "Cut me open!" He wheezes out. "The poison is still in me."

Dr Wells looked at Barry and then back at Caitlin and I, I was standing next to his bedside watching him being affected by the poisoning. "He brought us a sample. Caitlin, do a pulmonary biopsy, extract a portion of the gas." He orders.

"She can't give you any aesthetic, your metabolism will burn right through it." I explain, before Barry snatches my hand in a tight grip but I ignore it and let him hold my hand.

"I heal quick, remember?" Barry wheezes out, looking right into my eyes.

"Do it." Dr Wells orders.

"Cisco give me the syringe." Caitlin orders Cisco. "This is going to hurt a lot." Caitlin warns Barry.

Cisco skeptically looks at the needle. "It's a small needle, you probably won't even feel it." He soothes Barry hoping it won't freak him out.

Caitlin winces before speaking. "You're definitely going to feel it." She says before inserting the needle into Barry's exposed chest.

I winced slightly when I feel Barry's hand squeeze my hand more tighter but I never let go of his hand even when he falls limp after one exhale.

~